Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a perfectly good pair of oxtar boots but saw a pair of daytona Evos on Ebay..new.

Bought them

Beautiful boots except...

THe toe gear change area is higher and I find it difficult to shift in my size 11/46

Solutions..wear the left Oxtar and right Daytona..cost zero

Buy rearsets..cost £300 to £500

I need advice..which rear sets will give me more rearward throw but not too high as I have long legs already..

Rizoma or Sato or what?

answers on a postcard please :D

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adjust your gear lever - cost = 5 minutes work

And you won't look dopey wearing two different boots :p
up or down...?

and I won't look dopey..when viewed from one side only :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doh..up of course..good plan..I owe you a drink at least

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm not sure about your setup, but mine did not have nearly the travel needed in the easiest adjuster and i had to take the little cog off the shaft coming out of the case and move it right one spline to accommodate the new boots. without moving it over a spline i got it pretty close but it was only holding by a single thread or two..... no good
it's still an easy job, but requires one more step.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'm not sure about your setup, but mine did not have nearly the travel needed in the easiest adjuster and i had the take the little cog off the shaft coming out of the case and move it right one spline to accommodate the new boots. without moving it over a spline i got it pretty close but it was only holding by a single thread or two..... no good
good advise. I am too at the end of adjustment and it is tight to get my 47's under there.

Question to OP, did you take the rubber piece off of the pegs? That will give you some room right there.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm not sure about your setup, but mine did not have nearly the travel needed in the easiest adjuster and i had the take the little cog off the shaft coming out of the case and move it right one spline to accommodate the new boots. without moving it over a spline i got it pretty close but it was only holding by a single thread or two..... no good
+1... I moved mine up by one spline as well. Keeps the adjustments in the
normal part of their range. I raised mine for a different reason than foot size,
have the Ducati Designs adjustable footpegs raised about 1 inch (25 cm).

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys...thanks for the advice...when I come over to California...I will put £500 behind the bar (price of Rizomas) for you all. After all Ruben Xauss has got big feet and he seems to manage. Anyway...you know what they say...big feet.....big shoes

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PS I know you aren't all in CA but I can't go giving money to Aussies

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
They'd only piss it up the wall:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Different boots - a famous Italian

I recall a few years ago, Rossi had a pair of boots of different colors. He was cool, maybe you'll achieve the same result.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I recall a few years ago, Rossi had a pair of boots of different colors. He was cool, maybe you'll achieve the same result.

Nah..they are both the same colour..and anyway..it's cooler to be the antithesis of cool

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Adjust your gear lever - cost = 5 minutes work

And you won't look dopey wearing two different boots :p
LOL... +1

I put Hyper pegs w/ rubber covers on my Multi and had to raise the shifter all the way up. Simple fix, saved me $$$

1 - 14 of 14 Posts