Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to connect a GPS, radar detector and spotlights through a junction-box/ power hub - Denali PowerHub2 Power Distribution Wiring Harness Module - RevZilla
Denali PowerHub2 Power Distribution Wiring Harness Module - RevZilla
The PowerHub2 Power Distribution Module, manufactured by Denali, allows you to safely connect up to 6 electronic...

Any pointers as to where to place the block and how to connect the line that gets 'hot' when the ignition is turned ON.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I tapped into the hot lead for the USB port under the passenger seat for my installation. For an accessory block that size, I think you might be stuck putting it in the area under the passenger seat where the stock tool bag normally sits - but this requires drilling holes in things to get wires to and from that area. In order to avoid that, I installed a three circuit acccesory power block from Eastern Beaver under the driver seat area as his normal six circuit won't fit there. I can take some pictures and post if htat would help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Arashi, to your point I will probably end up with a smaller block, three or four circuits (one spare). Pictures will be helpful if you have any.

Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
talreli,

Here are a few pictures. Picture one shows the three circuit fuze block from Eastern Beaver in the foreground ( https://easternbeaver.com/Main/Wiring_Kits/Fuseboxes/3_Circuit/3CS-HD/3cs-hd.html ), with the relay at top center - the relay is under the diagnostic block in the center of the pic. Picture two shows the trigger wire for the fuze (blue wire in upper foreground) tapped into the hot lead to the USB port (out of shot at upper part of pic). Picture three shows two of the circuit connections going forward to the waterproof USB connector I added for my GoPro and the Clearwater aux lights.
Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Automotive exterior Auto part Wire Engine Vehicle Technology Auto part Wire Engine Vehicle Technology

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Much appreciated Arashi. Were you able to tap into the high/low beam trigger for the Clearwater aux lights. My understanding is that the 2019 MTS 950S uses a CAN-bus which makes it tricky....

·
Registered
423 Posts
My MTS is a bit older (2011), but I wired a Fuzeblocks FZ-1 directly off the battery and I run accessories off of that. No interference with the CAN-bus. But then again- I don't have accessory lights. Just GPS, phone, stuff I can plug in and out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
talreli,

For the Clearwater install, I added an extension cable from Napa Auto Parts to the right high beam bulb, and tapped into the high beam wire in the extension cable so as to not have to alter the stock headlight wiring. My understanding is that the tap for the Clearwater lights on the high beam won't screw with with the CAN-bus as all it sees is the line go high as a trigger - no power is used as the power for the lights comes directly from the batery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts