Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Looking for people to ride with in or near CT. Always ready to do a Sunday morning ride. Also just did my first track day at the Ducati Revs New England event, and am now hooked to track days, so if your planning a trip to a track let me know. I live in West Hartford, and spend a lot of time in Old Saybrook, so anyone in the area looking to go for a ride let me know.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I should have done a better job walking around on the track day. I was on the 999s with a white number board. I rode in the A group. Were you in the A group on the monster in the pic or another bike ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I was in the A class, #14, on the Monster 750 in my pic. I didn't manage to walk around much and meet people either, though everyone I did talk to was very friendly. I am pretty sure I saw your bike there.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I also stayed in the A class, I was #50, and my crappy blue tape job on the 999 nose made it easy to tell my 999s from the the others :)

Ya I was in the A class, #14, on the Monster 750 in my pic. I didn't manage to walk around much and meet people either, though everyone I did talk to was very friendly. I am pretty sure I saw your bike there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I'm in Coventry. Mostly free on the weekends. I'll be in Ohio for a few weeks mid June though. PM is the best way to contact.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm always looking for new folks to ride with. I'm in Glastonbury and am generally available most weekends. How was the monster on the track?

Alex

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems like we've got plenty of riders around here. I am not going to be able to ride this weekend or next unfortunately, but I will send out some PM's when I go out. We can get a trip together with a bunch of us, make our way around CT

Rambler, the monster was awesome on the track. Way better than I expected. I couldn't keep up with the superbikes on the straightaways but it stuck its lines really well in the turns. The Penguin instructors helped me a lot with how to compensate for my low clearance. First couple laps I was dragging my pegs on a lot of the turns.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hey all,
Looking for people to ride with in or near CT. Always ready to do a Sunday morning ride. Also just did my first track day at the Ducati Revs New England event, and am now hooked to track days, so if your planning a trip to a track let me know. I live in West Hartford, and spend a lot of time in Old Saybrook, so anyone in the area looking to go for a ride let me know.
Hi,

Check out nedoc.org too, its the official Desmo owners club for new England. We have events and rides throughout the year ( we were at DRNE as well ), as well as trackdays, picnics parties etc. In CT, we've done a bunch of stuff with Cliffs in Brookfield.

I'm in Trumbull. We're heading up to Loudon next weekend for the Loudon Classic and will probably do a ride or have a group dinner up there,,,

Best
Oz

·
Registered
336 Posts
There's always Marcus Dairy in Danbury, I'll be there this Sunday.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Seems like we've got plenty of riders around here. I am not going to be able to ride this weekend or next unfortunately, but I will send out some PM's when I go out. We can get a trip together with a bunch of us, make our way around CT

Rambler, the monster was awesome on the track. Way better than I expected. I couldn't keep up with the superbikes on the straightaways but it stuck its lines really well in the turns. The Penguin instructors helped me a lot with how to compensate for my low clearance. First couple laps I was dragging my pegs on a lot of the turns.
Cool, just let us know, I am usually available.

I've heard a lot of great things about the Penguin school and instructors. I was thinking of signing up for the 2-day class offered in Sept.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I use to live in Poughquag. Ever come down route 55, 37 39, 67 or 133 thru CT to get to Danbury ? The ride from Poughkeepsie has some nice options getting to Danbury if you ride east first across the NY to CT border.

There's always Marcus Dairy in Danbury, I'll be there this Sunday.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I use to live in Poughquag. Ever come down route 55, 37 39, 67 or 133 thru CT to get to Danbury ? The ride from Poughkeepsie has some nice options getting to Danbury if you ride east first across the NY to CT border.
Yep, I ride all those..I live off of 55..did you ever ride 21? it has nice elevation changes and two decreasing radius turns:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in New London. Meeting in Old Saybrook would not be a problem...

Finding other Ducatis out there is still elusive to me. I went riding on Saturday for two hours and passed about 30 bikes, none Ducati. Later I went with the family to Clinton Crossings and saw a monster, sport classic, and 848 in the parking lot.:confused:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
That weekly meeting spot in Glastonbury with the Ferrari club looks interesting. I am trying to see if I can free up this weekend (june 14) to do that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That weekly meeting spot in Glastonbury with the Ferrari club looks interesting. I am trying to see if I can free up this weekend (june 14) to do that.
That sounds good.
I just had my tonsils out, but I am hoping to be back on my bike by this Sunday if everything goes well. Meeting up in Glastonbury would work well.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Calling mr "DucatiMichael", Your the guy with the Ferrari - Ducati meeting info right ? Is that location you mentioned still active, good spot for maybe Sunday June 14 for some us to use as a meeting destination ?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts