Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this picture taken of me yesterday which exposed a problem I didn't think I had. The alien ears on my Monster must go. I'm not sure I'm any more a fan of the handlebar style, but the current ears aren't going to work...

"As a boy I had monsters under my bed and now as an adult they live in the garage. Just can't get away from them." - Numbercruncher

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I'm a big fan of bar end mirrors . Even the Chinese eBay ones work well.

·
Registered
233 Posts
You will love bar end mirrors

Hi,

I have an 08 Monsters S4RS with bar end mirrors & I love them :)
I like the looks and they are functional..

L8tr
Pete

·
Registered
233 Posts
You will love bar end mirrors

Hi,

I have an 08 Monsters S4RS with bar end mirrors & I love them :)
I like the looks and they are functional..

I included a pic..

L8tr
Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
This has always been a problem. When I bought my M900 in 1993, the two things I did right away were barend mirrors, and a CF front fender (form an 888) to protect the fork tubes better.

PhilB

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Bar end mirrors, size matters

It's easy to like most mirrors after riding a 999 around, they do look good tho! I installed bar ends on my Buell 1125CR and they were fantastic, what a difference they made, plus they looked really good on the bike since it had the upright bars and not the down low style, more Monster bars in design actually. But, I initially tried the 3" mirrors and I took them off almost immediately because they didn't have much flexibility and I hardly could see what was behind me they were so tiny. The 4" rounds made all the difference, I could adjust them and they gave me much better visual range behind the bike. Dang, I was going to post a pic, but they are on my old computer. The stock long neck mirrors on the CR were butt ugly. I'm not sure, but I may have bought them from Motowheels.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks John!

"As a boy I had monsters under my bed and now as an adult they live in the garage. Just can't get away from them." - Numbercruncher

·
Registered
51 Posts
Haha, I just tracked down some stock mirrors and am super excited to swap the bar-ends off my bike, guess I'm just weird!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You could have bought mine!

·
Registered
51 Posts
You could have bought mine!

Man they're super hard to find used! I was lucky enough to pick up a pair locally for cheap. Guy I bought them from had a dream garage, 3 or 4 Ducs. :surprise:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL - WTS: Set of OEM 16' Monster Mirrors, 400 miles on them. Make an offer!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello everyone...so I am in a similar situation. I picked up a new Monster 1200S and I knew from the start that the viewing range on the stock mirrors is not optimal. I do not necessarily like the looks of bar end mirrors and I prefer bar top mounted mirrors. Been looking at Rizomas (Radial, Veloce Naked...etc) and wonder if they can provide a better viewing angle than the stock ones, otherwise, I will have to start liking the Rizoma Reverse retro a bit more :smile2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
After making the mistake of trying some Chinese-made bar end mirrors, I picked up a set of the CRG Lane Splitters from Revzilla and could not be happier. Very high quality. No regrets.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really like the look of the Rizomas. Will be picking up a set this week.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Haha, I just tracked down some stock mirrors and am super excited to swap the bar-ends off my bike, guess I'm just weird!
I'm with you. I tried the bar end mirrors and just didn't feel comfortable with them especially in traffic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts