Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I started with a wrecked 959 as a rebuild and then came across a wrecked 899 and decided to keep the 899. I like the styling of the 959 so I decided to transfer everything over from the 959 to the 899. So far I have confirmed that the tail transfers over as long as you have the tail bracket. And I have also transferred over the headlight with the fairings stay which I believe will make the fairings fit from the 959 to the 899. Effectively I will have an 899 that looks exactly like a 959.

Also I am in the process of transferring over the exhaust it looks like the 899 exhaust is smaller diameter pipes than the 959 but the 959 OEM bolts directly to the 899 if you use the whole exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
So, I started with a wrecked 959 as a rebuild and then came across a wrecked 899 and decided to keep the 899. I like the styling of the 959 so I decided to transfer everything over from the 959 to the 899. So far I have confirmed that the tail transfers over as long as you have the tail bracket. And I have also transferred over the headlight with the fairings stay which I believe will make the fairings fit from the 959 to the 899. Effectively I will have an 899 that looks exactly like a 959.

Also I am in the process of transferring over the exhaust it looks like the 899 exhaust is smaller diameter pipes than the 959 but the 959 OEM bolts directly to the 899 if you use the whole exhaust.
I have a used OEM Ducati LED headlight from an 1199S in excellent condition, which fits your 899.

I bought it thinking it would fit my 959, but it does not. It will, however, fit your 899.

If you like, I can give it to you for exactly what I paid, $400, plus shipping.

PM if interested.

Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the exhaust on the bike. In order for the 959 heat shield to work I needed to swap out the rear subframe from the 959 as well. It was a direct bolt on.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts