Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. Looks like its almost time to replace the pads again. Think I'll stick with the EBC sintered pads. Can anyone confirm the part numbers for me for the front and rear. Pretty sure I've found the fronts but getting mixed results for the rear part number. Ive got a 2015 1200s dvt. Thanks!

Also, how long should one expect the stock 1200s rotors to last? I have no clue. They seem to still be in pretty good shape, but this will be my third set of pads on them. I do like to change the pads a little early though to be safe. Also, will probably try some of that castrol react brake fluid this go around.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
There's a thread where we verified the numbers... from early last year (about this time probably) because that's when I bought mine. Not sure why but it's almost impossible to find a site online that will verify the part numbers... which is really weird.

Personally... I don't like them (grabby... less progressive)... definitely switching back to stock when they're done. I've always used EBC-HH pads on my Tiger (and love them) so I thought it was a no-brainer... but I REALLY don't like them on the multi... go figure.

Reactions: CaptainBeard714

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a thread where we verified the numbers... from early last year (about this time probably) because that's when I bought mine. Not sure why but it's almost impossible to find a site online that will verify the part numbers... which is really weird.

Personally... I don't like them (grabby... less progressive)... definitely switching back to stock when they're done. I've always used EBC-HH pads on my Tiger (and love them) so I thought it was a no-brainer... but I REALLY don't like them on the multi... go figure.
Dave, thanks for the response again. I did find that thread and it seems Ive got the right part number for the fronts but I still want to double check on the rear part number cause its different all across and Im not home for another 2 weeks to check. Just wanted to see if anyone else has replaced with these recently.

The EBC pads are definitely a little grabby, but overall Ive been satisfied and got use to that aspect of them. They also seem to get rid of some of the noise the stocks had at low speeds.

It seems the only real popular options for pads are the stocks and the ebc sintered pads. And the stocks are pricey! I bet they're easier on the rotors though. But made groaning noises when my bike was brand new.

On a bike like the 1200s how long can one expect the rotors to last? I honestly have no clue when it comes to bikes like these. I know conditions and usage obviously play a big role here, but ballpark figure? Can one expect these expensive front ducati rotors to last 20k miles? 40k? 50k? 100k? haha. They obviously cant be resurfaced. I was planning to just scuff them nicely with a light 3m pad and then clean with brake cleaner and throw on another set of EBC pads. Im still learning though...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts