Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, i just picked up a brand new DUCATI RACING COMPLETE EXHAUST SYSTEM 1306 - 96480951A for my 2016 Multistrada Enduro (finally!). It arrives today.

I believe it comes with a new ECU. Is this something i can install? Or do i need the dealers computer? Is it an actual part or a map that needs to be flashed?

Is there anything difficult or "gotchas" i should be aware of installing a new exhaust system?

Thanks!
Gerald

·
Registered
755 Posts
TBH I would be really surprised if an exhaust system comes with an ECU. If it's a Ducati part you likely need the upmap or similar.

·
Premium Member
12,446 Posts
I believe it is a DYI installation. I did my 2008 hyper with a termi the dealer installed the cans then I did the pipes what a PITA i used ratchet straps tightly to get bolt holes to line up. I did sleep on it overnight, which was better than cutting the pipes. I am a retired pipefitter with 40 years + experience, it tested me I must say. My Multi I did it all myself with help from this forum with their instructions. Take lots of pics and research. Don't do anything you cannot undo. Buck up take your time.
Have fun.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
@gerald29

I've looked-up the part number from various sources. Although information varies such as removable baffle or not, one thing seems consistent: it does not include an upmap and definitely not a new ECU.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, regarding the map on ducati's website is says the following:

"Details and performance. The new Termignoni exhaust unleashes the full power and roar of the twin-cylinder engine thanks to larger manifolds, a dedicated mapping and the new integrated Db killer system (that cannot be removed) for an improved balance of sound quality and intensity. The silencer is finished in black ceramic based paint. "

It mentioned "a dedicated mapping", what is that?

·
Registered
755 Posts
That is the upmap, it needs to be installed by the dealer, AFAIK.

Reactions: Siddo

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Thanks guys, regarding the map on ducati's website is says the following:

"Details and performance. The new Termignoni exhaust unleashes the full power and roar of the twin-cylinder engine thanks to larger manifolds, a dedicated mapping and the new integrated Db killer system (that cannot be removed) for an improved balance of sound quality and intensity. The silencer is finished in black ceramic based paint. "

It mentioned "a dedicated mapping", what is that?
I saw that also but only once and the parts nor the mounting instructions don't mention the upmap key. Normally, Ducati supplied Tremi's do come with an upmap unless these are homologated. Interested to know when you do. Do you have a key supplied in the box?
It looks like a usb stick.
Electronic device Technology Electronics Gadget

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw that also but only once and the parts nor the mounting instructions don't mention the upmap key. Normally, Ducati supplied Tremi's do come with an upmap unless these are homologated. Interested to know when you do. Do you have a key supplied in the box?
It looks like a usb stick.
View attachment 984721
It came today, boy is it beautiful. It did come with the Key. Is this something only the Ducati dealer can do? Can I do it? Or a performance shops? My dealer has a 30 day backlog and i don't think i can wait that long :)

Here is the key: Material property Metal Box

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It came today, boy is it beautiful. It did come with the Key. Is this something only the Ducati dealer can do? Can I do it? Or a performance shops? My dealer has a 30 day backlog and i don't think i can wait that long :)

Here is the key: View attachment 984804
Like Zombie said, you have to have it activated by your dealer which is a bummer.
However, it only takes a few minutes to do. Maybe they can slip you through in between jobs.

·
Registered
691 Posts
They will install the new map, and save the one on your bike in the USB key for safekeeping and reinstalling, if ever needed. It was $120, at the dealer, plus I had to take the mirrors and plate off, drive it over with a trailer and sign an affidavit, which stated I would not ride the bike on public roads....mine is a PP
Whatever!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: batman137

·
Registered
288 Posts
They will install the new map, and save the one on your bike in the USB key for safekeeping and reinstalling, if ever needed. It was $120, at the dealer, plus I had to take the mirrors and plate off, drive it over with a trailer and sign an affidavit, which stated I would not ride the bike on public roads....mine is a PP
Whatever!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Bought a used 2015 with full titanium termi and it came with the USB upmap key. I've thought about taking it into the dealer to see if the map was actually installed correctly. Is there any way to go into the settings menu to check it myself?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts