Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and read a few post related to this but I am still unclear on a few things. 1) If I get a CW fender eliminator kit for a 696, is that all I have to buy to get it working with a functional license plate light and stock turn signals? 2) Will the seat lock move? I just can't picture how this thing gets in there when you start removing the plastic pieces and items around the signals and seat lock. TIA.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The kit is pretty good. They provide you with the instructions to move the lock to under the seat and you need nothing to buy as everything you need is included. I bought one for my 696 and got the DP unit for my 1100. The instructions for the CW is better but the DP kit doesn't move the location of the seat lock. Just get the CW kit and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I got it for my M1100. It's excellent. Only thing is I couldn't figure out was how to get the old fender off due to the cable for the exhaust actuator valve running through it. I didn't know how to remove the cable, so I ended up cutting the old fender in half to remove it. Didn't really matter because I wasn't planning on keeping the stock fender anyway.

But it really is a great product. I've been buying Competition Werkes fender eliminators for all my bikes. IMO they make the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts