Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in cleaning up the tail on my 748 and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the kit from Competition Werkes. Apparently this kit relocates the signals to the small vents in the tail unit, does anyone have any pics of what this looks like?

·
Registered
372 Posts
imho, i wouldn't spend cash on their kit. with just a few dollars to purchase a sheet of aluminum at lowes you can make your own kit/brackets.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
chiromikey said:
imho, i wouldn't spend cash on their kit. with just a few dollars to purchase a sheet of aluminum at lowes you can make your own kit/brackets.
+1 on that...The least expensive kit is the evo kit at 35 or so, but you can fab your own for a few dollars and a vice.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Here are is a picture of my "homemade" set up.
It cost less than $10 to make and I had to buy all parts and pay someone to weld it together for me.

I ended up taking mine off and have them sitting here in my garage (somewhere).

I had a friend that had trouble seeing the blinkers so I took them back out.... I should probably put them back under the cowl again....

Let me know if you have any question.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Comp Werkes

Bought the Comp Werkes kit for my 749, installed it then promptly removed it and purchased a Evo kit. Looks 100000000% better.... imo.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I find this one from motowheels looks the best. You will need to rig up your own license-plate light but other then that it looks the best. I have not had any trouble with the cops.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you have a rear CF fender hugger you WILL have to bend the plate bottom just a pinch. I also drilled new holes in my license plate to get everything to look right and still be visible from a car.

-CC

·
Registered
372 Posts
Chris748s said:
I find this one from motowheels looks the best. You will need to rig up your own license-plate light but other then that it looks the best. I have not had any trouble with the cops.

this proves my point...it looks no different than the one i made for a couple of dollars except mine even has the oem light mounted to it to make it "more" legal.

·
Registered
791 Posts
i have the brackets if you're lookin for them. however, they only fit the mono subframe. i also recommend removing your vent screens for better visibility on the turn signals.

on the license plate bracket, cut two brackstraps, shape into L brackets, and tuck it underneath the exhaust hangers. would probably cost nothing from the stereo shop.

here is a pic of the turn signal brackets. let me know if you're interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
very cool, so any close up pics on how to actually mount my plate there in a clean manner?

·
Registered
791 Posts
ducati955 said:
very cool, so any close up pics on how to actually mount my plate there in a clean manner?
not sure who you're talking to but here is a recent pic that shows the turn signals inside the vents and license plate clipped onto the hangers. second photo shows how the aftermarket bracket fits on a mono subframe.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Home made holder by Mikey

Hi Mikey,

Any chance you could show some close ups of your homemade license plate holder solution? I am curious what the bracket looks like and how/where you mounted the light?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
372 Posts
snowdave said:
Hi Mikey,

Any chance you could show some close ups of your homemade license plate holder solution? I am curious what the bracket looks like and how/where you mounted the light?

Thanks,
Dave
these are the only other pictures i have but you can get the idea.

·
Registered
628 Posts
just put the comp werks kit on my 999s. Looks tons better than stock. I can't seem to get the light to work though. Guess i have to fiddle with it some more.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Who makes the signal brackets Cheech was selling above? I plan on installing the Custom Dynamics LEDs on my 916 and figure using the stock signals as well would work for load balancing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Installed yesterday...

wow the instructions were very vague.

i don't know if i would have paid for the kit, my friend gave it to me when he sold me the bike. i bought some bullet connectors at radio shack so i wouldn't have to hack the stock wiring.

I think the kit was really meant for the bi-posto...as one of the seat mounting screws is not lined up with one of the signal light bracket holes for the mono posto. no biggie though...a drill and a couple nuts/bolts will take care of it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts