Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one done this mod yet ?
motowheels instruction says it relocates key , and servo ?

"No chopping required, relocates the key lock and cleans up the rear end of your 696 at an economical price. This kit fits the M1100 if you are using a full system exhaust that eliminates the servo"

so no full system exhaust.
no relocate kit ?
is this right ?
:think:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I remember seeing somewhere to make sure you order from CW or other places may just send the 696 kit - with no room for the solenoid.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Be sure to choose the right one.
There are two different parts:

COMPETITION WERKES Fender Eliminator Kit: M1100

COMPETITION WERKES Fender Eliminator Kit: M696

They look the same but the M1100 has space for the solenoid. The 696 version could be used on M100 with full system. This was an option when the M1100 plate relocator was not available.

-M
Great! I'm glad you are up to date too. I heard some bad stories of 1100 owners buying from third part companies and getting the 696 kit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Installed the CW Fender Elim, Leo Vince slip-ons and the Rizoma turn signals on a Saturday afternoon. The instructions were not great, but by going slow I didn't do any damage as I tried a couple of different things. There was no need to remove the solenoid. the nly trick was getting the old fender off. I ended up just cutting the one piece that went around the solenoid cable. Splicing the wires for the turn signals caused me to cringe more than the fender eliminator. I was not comfortable doing that, but it turned out OK. the pic below shows the installation before final adjustment of the straps on the Leo's. My wife's Harley is in the background.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
yeah the instructions arent very good with the kits but the help kinda. ive installed so many of them that its like second nature to me now lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
They look the same but the M1100 has space for the solenoid. The 696 version could be used on M1100 with full system. This was an option when the M1100 plate relocator was not available.

-M
Quick question: Aftermarket cans (not full system) -- is the solenoid removed?

I ask because I don't know if the M696 CW kit will fit the M1100 with aftermarket cans... :confused:

·
Registered
560 Posts
slip-ons keep the solenoid, full systems deletes the solenoid ((At least for Termi full))

1 - 13 of 13 Posts