Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Commuters....

1018 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  kaos
So here's the deal...

The only riding I do these days is commuting to work (55 miles one way, some twisties, mostly one lane backroads and B roads).

As a former club racer, I feel a bit naked without leather. However, I feel a bit weird showing up to work in full leathers. These days I've been wearing my Rev-It Devil jacket and Rev-it pants (over shorts so I can slip them on/off). I wouldn't have an issue riding to work in leathers if I could wear shorts under the pants, but that's a bit unlikely. Slipping on/off a pair of leather pants in the parking garage is one thing, walking from the bathroom through the building in full leathers is another.

Any suggestions from other commuters on what you're wearing? I'm almost to the point where I'm willing to pony up for some ESquad jeans that I can just wear a leather jacket.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
I have the same problem. ~15 mile ride to work and I feel nervous in just jeans (armoured jacket & boots of course). I wore leathers in to work a few times, and just changed into jeans I carried in a backpack, but it was a hassle. Especially the times I get pulled into a meeting as soon as I walk through the door. I bought these icon field armour shin/knee guards:

http://www.amazon.com/Icon-Field-Armor-Knee-Guards/dp/B001EQN3T4

...I feel a little more protected...also the description says that it 'fits under most denim jeans'...that's pretty accurate. I have a several jeans that have narrow pant legs that makes these difficult/impossible to get on/off. My calves are fairly large, so these might work better for someone with smaller legs.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.