Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal...

The only riding I do these days is commuting to work (55 miles one way, some twisties, mostly one lane backroads and B roads).

As a former club racer, I feel a bit naked without leather. However, I feel a bit weird showing up to work in full leathers. These days I've been wearing my Rev-It Devil jacket and Rev-it pants (over shorts so I can slip them on/off). I wouldn't have an issue riding to work in leathers if I could wear shorts under the pants, but that's a bit unlikely. Slipping on/off a pair of leather pants in the parking garage is one thing, walking from the bathroom through the building in full leathers is another.

Any suggestions from other commuters on what you're wearing? I'm almost to the point where I'm willing to pony up for some ESquad jeans that I can just wear a leather jacket.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the same problem. ~15 mile ride to work and I feel nervous in just jeans (armoured jacket & boots of course). I wore leathers in to work a few times, and just changed into jeans I carried in a backpack, but it was a hassle. Especially the times I get pulled into a meeting as soon as I walk through the door. I bought these icon field armour shin/knee guards:

http://www.amazon.com/Icon-Field-Armor-Knee-Guards/dp/B001EQN3T4

...I feel a little more protected...also the description says that it 'fits under most denim jeans'...that's pretty accurate. I have a several jeans that have narrow pant legs that makes these difficult/impossible to get on/off. My calves are fairly large, so these might work better for someone with smaller legs.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Yea, I'm gonna have to agree, if you must wear a suit to work, getting a full one piece suit like the areostitch is great.

I personally own the Alpinestars knock-off called the DryStar. Its very good, has lots of pockets and is comfy when its cold. In the summer here in LA, I usually just wear a jacket and jeans because it just gets too hot for a full suit of any kind and jeans breathe well enough.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
9,757 Posts
I used to carry a backpack with clothes and that worked out great. I would show up to work in my old two piece and was changed in to regular clothes in 5 minutes or less.

I stopped using my bikes as transportation though. Riding through the city is just way too risky and to be honest I don't feel like getting run over by some fucking bitch on her cell phone or some d-bag who is late for work.

I only ride recreationally now. Track days and canyon/mountain runs.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i commute(rural twistys mainly)and use dainesse textile armoured pants and various jackets.as the pants have a removeable liner,so you can wear your regular pants underneath if you wish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts