Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy folks,

As part of my moderator duties, I would like to recommend everyone read the sticky at the top of the SC Forum, entitled http://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport-classic/61173-please-read-ducati-ms-rules-road.html .

This forum is for the benefit of all the members, and we enjoy having you all here and contributing. Generally, folks are pretty good about keeping things easy for the Mods, however, there are some times when it becomes necessary to enforce the rules and sometimes it's necessary to remove individuals that repeatedly show no regard for the house.

One of the biggest gripes the Mods have is with commercial postings. D.ms has a policy where members can only post for-sale items and want-to-buys in the classified sections. People who try to get group-buys together are allowed if there is a supporting vendor that is willing to step up and make it happen, or off-site vendors should none of the on-site vendors carry the product or generally decline. Vendors are allowed to commercially post in reference to a thread about a product they sell, or support, or announce products with moderator approval. Grass-root vendors are those that may want to do a limited run of something they worked on for the community, but don't want to be a full-time vendor (i.e. for a limited time / small run). But, that's as far as the policy goes. Repeatedly, we have folks offering up group buys, selling their wares, spamming the boards without regard to the vendors that fund the site and abide by the rules, and the Mods that have set those rules.

In every case, if you want to start a group-buy, or become a vendor, you need moderator approval: which means asking us before posting. Threads that do not follow these rules are subject to deletion. Repeated infractions will result in the user being banned. If you feel you are in a gray area with respect to a thread or post you have started, come talk to me.

Going forward, I would ask that all of you please read the thread in the sticky and follow what is contained therein. If there is someone that doesn't, and you feel that it isn't fair, drop me a line and I'll get it sorted.

Cheers

Geoff

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.