Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve started to do more touring type riding with my 848 and I’m finding that there are a few things that could be improved to make the bike more ‘comfortable’. An 848 isn’t a touring bike and the Ohlins suspension I’m running probably isn’t ideal for the comfort riding application. I’m also not looking to make my 848 any less of a track bike than it currently is.

However, I’m curious to know if there are better grips for the clips and better seats available? Anybody out there riding their superbike for 300+ mile days? Any changes you would suggest?

I thought I would ask here as I start googling around to see what is available.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Rick Mayer Rick Mayer Cycle custom motorcycle seats, made me a comfort seat for my '10 1198s. My bike was stolen shortly afterwards :mad: but was still sent the seat from him, if you are interested PM me for pics, I'll be selling it here soon. It's much more comfortable than the Sargent one made for our bikes and it looks great too. Would be great on long trips for overall comfort and ergos.

-Dave

·
Registered
138 Posts
However, I’m curious to know if there are better grips for the clips and better seats available? Anybody out there riding their superbike for 300+ mile days? Any changes you would suggest?
Padded cycling shorts under my gear made my 999R's plank tolerable. Flatter bars (not higher) and your choice of gel grips. Top off with a few less clicks of compression damping. Pig trail to your heart's content. :cool:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I sat on one 1198 at GoAz that had some bar risers installed which also moved the bars back a little bit. They also lowered the back end a little. I had a 749 which had bar risers and FBF bars which together made a huge difference in comfort.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
There is a lot you can do. You can also re-valve/spring the ohlins as well for street use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts