Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a tall guy (6'5") and riding my monster can be unpleasant. I was wondering if anyone in the Taxachusetts area had a sargent/saddlemen/sellerie seat that they are either trying to part with or would let me sit on to see if it's worth the $500.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I was having knee problems 8 or 9 years ago, and wanted to ride my old '95 Monster the 400 miles to Indy for MotoGP.

I snatched the faux fleece covered gel pad off my Gold Wing to use on the Monster. It raised me up almost an inch and opened the bend on my bad knee...almost made the ride there pleasant.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was having knee problems 8 or 9 years ago, and wanted to ride my old '95 Monster the 400 miles to Indy for MotoGP.

I snatched the faux fleece covered gel pad off my Gold Wing to use on the Monster. It raised me up almost an inch and opened the bend on my bad knee...almost made the ride there pleasant.
But my street cred :cry:. My main issue with the stock seat is that I slide into the tank. The Sargent has a nice big lump in the groin area that looks like it'd stop me from sliding into the tank. Have you tried lowering pegs? just an extra inch would met my knees sit in the cutouts.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: I was able to get a very clean looking used sargent seat for $200 including shipping! Will update on the comfort. Still have to do my belts and belt tensioner bearings...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hate myself for triple posting, but nothing bugs me more than running into a thread that has no conclusion. The new seat came in last Monday, I took the bike for a spin and I have to say WOW. The extra width on the seat supports my hips nicely, I only went for a 40 minute ride but I can tell you it made a huge difference. about 10,000% more comfortable, and the little Italian flag on the side adds at least 5 horsepower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts