Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a comfort screen for my Paul Smart. It came in yesterday and I put it on. It works. It cuts down buffeting. But I don't like the way it looks. It takes away from the classic "bullet" lines of the faring. So off it came and the original screen went back on. Oh well. I might use it in the Fall when it's cooler.

I guess I should have taken some pictures but I forgot.
 

·
ROF
Joined
·
686 Posts
geospencer said:
I ordered a comfort screen for my Paul Smart. It came in yesterday and I put it on. It works. It cuts down buffeting. But I don't like the way it looks. It takes away from the classic "bullet" lines of the faring. So off it came and the original screen went back on. Oh well. I might use it in the Fall when it's cooler.

I guess I should have taken some pictures but I forgot.
http://blackbirdxx.org/PS1000LE/CRGLEVERS.html

Not shot with the screen in mind but you get the idea.
I am ok with the change...... mine stays.....
BTW, it works

Phil
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BLACKBIRDXX said:
http://blackbirdxx.org/PS1000LE/CRGLEVERS.html

Not shot with the screen in mind but you get the idea.
I am ok with the change...... mine stays.....
BTW, it works

Phil
Hum. . . . :confused: On your bike the comfort screen looks very good! Maybe I will switch back?? I think when I first changed I missed the clean lines of the original screen. I've got some time this weekend. I'll probably change back to the comfort screen and see if it grows on me.

By the way, I removed the reflectors from the forks. I think it cleans up the front end a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
geospencer said:
By the way, I removed the reflectors from the forks. I think it cleans up the front end a bit.
was going to comment on fork reflectors and forgot.....

Pour ice cold water slowly over the reflectors to chill the adhesion line between the fork and glue strip and it will pop right off and leave no reside
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
SScowboy said:
was going to comment on fork reflectors and forgot.....

Pour ice cold water slowly over the reflectors to chill the adhesion line between the fork and glue strip and it will pop right off and leave no reside
Thanks SS man!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SScowboy said:
If the new screen works, I say use it, looking at both I dont see any difference either way as far as which looks best.
:cool:

For me at least, this bike isn't about what "works" best. It's about what "looks" best. :D

If I want what "works" best I've got the BMW R1200GS - but it's butt ugly. :eek:

But I probably will go back to the comfort screen. ;)

I didn't think of cold water to remove the reflectors. (Sounds like the best idea.) I just twisted and the popped off. I used a little adhesive remover to clean up the left behind sitcky stuff.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SScowboy said:
Hey man, I ride a 1200GS, you callin my bike ugly! It ain't ugly, it just needs a lot of dirt on it to look good.
You know what I mean. :D A 1200GS WORKS!! You don't buy one for the way it looks. (By the way, mine's Red! What color is yours?)

Maybe we need a poll. How many of us have Ducati's AND BMW's?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
geospencer said:
(By the way, mine's Red! What color is yours?)
Too funny Dude! I wanted RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they had 3 Granite Grey and 1 Yellow. My SS is yellow so no way was I going to have 2 yellow bikes.

I have left my GS stock except for a different screen, BMW engine bars, and a 40 litre box mounted in place of passenger seat. My GS is my go anywhere, anytime, all weather, when it absolutely has to be there overnight bike.

I can only tell two things about the future of motorcycling.

1. As long as I can ride I will ride a GS type bike.
2. The Paul Smart will NOT EVER BE A GARAGE QWEEN because I intend to get every cent and more out of it until soemone puts me in a home.

Great Minds Think Alike!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SScowboy said:
1. As long as I can ride I will ride a GS type bike.
2. The Paul Smart will NOT EVER BE A GARAGE QWEEN because I intend to get every cent and more out of it until soemone puts me in a home.

Great Minds Think Alike!
Several people have asked me if I am actually riding the Paul Smart. My answer is: "Of Course. That's why I bought it!"

Great Minds DO Think Alike!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
geospencer said:
Several people have asked me if I am actually riding the Paul Smart. My answer is: "Of Course. That's why I bought it!"

Great Minds DO Think Alike!!
LOL! I haven't gotten that comment about my Sport yet, because most folks don't yet know that I have it! But my '95 SP, people are shocked to see it has 25k miles on it. I don't think that's all that much for a bike I've had for 9 years, but in my defense, I have a couple of bikes sharing the miles. I'm like...some people actually DO ride their Ducatis!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Cheers to DucGal and all who ride their bikes! The Sport Classics were built to be ridden! (as were all the rest...).
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top