·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty set on retaining the clip-on look so that option wouldn't work for me.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Have u tried loosen the clamp on the standard bars then re-position back or forwards?

u might just get a better position for your riding style like that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just be mindfull of the controls hitting the fairing and or clocks when turning. My 748 came with a nice set of adjustable clip ons (not sure of brand), but if I put them at the height that I want, I wind up having to pull them in so they won't hit anything when I turn. Like trying to steer a wheelbarrow.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Check out the cycle cat bars. I have them on my 749 and they are super adjustable..

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Gilles are really expensive, Cycle Cats are really heavy, and I don't like the Heli-Bars. Speedymoto are fine and Motowheels sells comparable other brands. As mentioned, clearance can become an issue, but you can solve that by relocating reservoirs to the top of the triple.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I've had a set of Heli Bars on my 916 for a long long time. They fit well, work fine with no clearances problems and give me enough comfort that I do at least one 600 mile day a year without hesitation on the bike.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've got FBF risers. They help a little bit, but honestly, I don't think they help all that much. You're still leaned forward, but only a little bit less than stock...

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gilles are really expensive, Cycle Cats are really heavy, and I don't like the Heli-Bars. Speedymoto are fine and Motowheels sells comparable other brands. As mentioned, clearance can become an issue, but you can solve that by relocating reservoirs to the top of the triple.
1. Yes they are, but are they good?
2. What if I dont care about weight?
3. What don't you like about them?
4. Yes they do, i even provided a link to one of them. I wonder if they are good?
5. Reservoir relocation to top of triple tree, roger. This sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have the old style Helibars, I like them. The new style is much more modern and attractive but I think they don't come back quite as much.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I've got the LSL riser clipons on my 748, and while I haven't ridden ghe bike with them yet (still building it lol) i can already tell they'll be much more comfortable. 1 1/2" rise with softer 5 degree angle.

·
Registered
279 Posts
also have a look at the woodcraft ones. can chose how much rise you want between about 1inch to 2inch. I had a good look at some the other day and they look really nice. good price too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts