Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a couple of times searching this out here but I must not be as good at that as I thought.
I just got a '99 ST2 with stock Nonfango sidecases and would like to see about mounting a topcase for certain trips.
I see where Givi says you can't do it, but I could swear I've seen posts here that their bikes indeed have the combination.
Any photos or suggestions welcome.
Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have that combo, it came that way when I bought it. I can take pics in a day or two. If no one else has.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I believe the issue is that there was a top case setup you could get through Ducati which would work with the stock panniers, but I'm not sure if it was Nonfango or Givi. Nevertheless, the Givi topcase mounts you can purchase today is different and is not compatible with the stock panniers/mounts.

I'd love to see the modified setup (if possible) that can use the currently available Givi topcase mounts with the stock panniers. The original Ducati topcase stuff is unobtainium.

Scott L.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Can't remember where I found it but there was a guy on this forum who made it work. I believe he had to bend the brackets and I think install spacers.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Fst, if this is a non-Ducati Performance Givi topcase mount made to work with the stock Ducati Nonfango panniers, post some pics of the Givi mounting please. I'd like an idea of how much fab work it would take to make this work.

Thanks,
Scott L.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
As an aside, do you guys feel a significant brake/parachute effect when you have these boxes fitted and no pillion? My Triumph does

·
Super Moderator
5,079 Posts
As an aside, do you guys feel a significant brake/parachute effect when you have these boxes fitted and no pillion? My Triumph does
I do feel the buffeting without a pillion. In fact, I don't use the top box unless with a passenger. If space is needed, I strap a duffel bag on the seat to avoid the buffeting.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Just make sure you have FCC approval before using your AWACS accessory...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts