Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello you all Ducatisti
I want to say Thank You to everyone who participated in the parade. I had such a good time, and they want to make this traditional for next year. I had alot of feedback from people, and it sounded like they liked it and wanted to see us again next year. Here is some pictures from today an i will get other pictures from other times.

Thanks " Vito

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I post some of today picture at st louis site
I dont know why dint take on Ducati .MS
wen i get other picture I will post

Vito

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had a good time, next year I gotta have some louder pipes and I wonder how hard it would be to put in a manual switch to turn cooling fans on early before temp switch turns them on

·
Registered
113 Posts
It was good to see everyone again and to meet those I hadn't met yet: Mark, Mike, and Ray. Thanks to Vito for putting up the pictures and suggesting and putting this together. It was great having our bikes parked next to the Ferrari group at the starting/staging area. Th weather cooperated and other than one of our bikes overheating, which I hope will get sorted out without major pain, everything went well. How did the ride to the track day go?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I had a good time, next year I gotta have some louder pipes and I wonder how hard it would be to put in a manual switch to turn cooling fans on early before temp switch turns them on
my buddy did this on his gsxr and it sounded really easy. he even found a switch to match his color scheme lol.

again guys, this was lot of fun. thanks again Vito for putting this all together!

·
Registered
139 Posts
...... How did the ride to the track day go?
everyone except Vito and myself had stuff to do, so we just went our seperate ways

·
Registered
307 Posts
I hope Mark got his bike sorted out. I had a blast. I had fun catching up to you guys. My gf said she saw me flying down the street weaving in and out of the parade. I didn't see her though. My bike loves the colder weather. I pulled 2 wheelies catching up to you guys. I had to go to a closed casket wake. That sucked! Thanks for setting it up Vito.

·
Registered
234 Posts
vito, thank you for putting this together. it was great to meet all of you. i haven't torn into my bike yet but i'm sure it's nothing serious. i'm thinking about purchasing and installing the evoluzione low temp fan switch kit. this kit is supposed to turn the cooling fans on sooner to keep the engine temp down. does anyone have experience with this? curious if it's worth the $50.

mark

·
Registered
307 Posts
From what i understand it is worth it. You could also buy a corse fan. It has larger fins to push more air. I dont remeber where I saw it but they do make a simple bolt on fan blade. Does your bike have 1 or 2 fans? I think the 998 has 2. I had a coolant leak a while back. I just replaced the coolant with water and "water wetter". Since then, it runs about a bit cooler.

·
Registered
234 Posts
From what i understand it is worth it. You could also buy a corse fan. It has larger fins to push more air. I dont remeber where I saw it but they do make a simple bolt on fan blade. Does your bike have 1 or 2 fans? I think the 998 has 2. I had a coolant leak a while back. I just replaced the coolant with water and "water wetter". Since then, it runs about a bit cooler.
my bike has 2 fans. i think i may go ahead and replace the coolant with engine ice, i've used it in some of my road bikes and race bikes before and it works great. i am going to also look into replacing the fans with the corse fans, i hadn't thought about that but it sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello you all Ducatisti
Carlos we dint go to the trak
I am so glad you guys have a good times

Welcome and thank you Vito

·
Registered
176 Posts
my bike has 2 fans. i think i may go ahead and replace the coolant with engine ice, i've used it in some of my road bikes and race bikes before and it works great. i am going to also look into replacing the fans with the corse fans, i hadn't thought about that but it sounds like a good idea.
I use engine ice and I have an Evo cooling fan switch installed that kicks in the fans at a lower temp. From all the dyno work that I have done on my bike it seems like they run best at around 185 deg F. That should work well for you.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
127 Posts
Report from a bystander

I heard from a friend of mine that you all were terrific at the Parade!

Great job Vito for organizing it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts