Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the local body shop to make me some colour for my sc1000.

I said it was the ducati#0038 paint and he checked with the guys at ppg aswell.
When i got the colour it was more orange and not that mustardy.

I have read other threads aswell and their seems to be some problem with just this colour.

Is their any other colour code?
SHould i just go down and let them coulour match it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I got the local body shop to make me some colour for my sc1000.

I said it was the ducati#0038 paint and he checked with the guys at ppg aswell.
When i got the colour it was more orange and not that mustardy.

I have read other threads aswell and their seems to be some problem with just this colour.

Is their any other colour code?
SHould i just go down and let them coulour match it.
Let them match it! And when it looks too light in the can, DON'T tell them to make it darker! It will dry to a darker tone and be just perfect. Good luck!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn..

Nobody that ha repainted theis sport classic 1000?

The paint guy cant get the colour for the bike. We looked in the PPG colour book and the ducati #0038 is more orange in their book and it matches the one he made for me so according to PPG it is all right but it doesnt match the bike at all.

Does ducati have some secret?

·
Registered
27 Posts
if you can buy a small amount and spray it on something, you could see what it looks like dry. sometime the substrate changes the color a bit

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what it looks like.

This is th ePPG ducati 0038 and it is correct according to the paint chart.

·
Registered
92 Posts
YUK!:eek: My grandmother had her kitchen painted in that colour, always gave me nausea... I'lll be interested to see a solution, as a fellow owner of a yellow SC

·
Registered
189 Posts
The Europeans use lot's of tinted clears over their b/c color!

Yellow is a hard color to work with in the first place, make sure that the painter is using the correct colored sealer as well – sealer can really change color position,

See if a local body shop has an AquireRx Camera and take picture of the color and it should develop a formula that is spot on or close enough to adjust color as needed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the link, SE84. I got all excited about ordering the touch up, but then found they only ship to US and Canada - bugger!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Thanks for the link, SE84. I got all excited about ordering the touch up, but then found they only ship to US and Canada - bugger!
PJ, I also found this when wanting to order some colorite touch up paint and I ended up finding a guy on ebay that was a distributor that was able to ship to Oz.

If you need his details let me know.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
eureka..

The color code is giallo ocra *0042.
I talked to the guys at the ducati paint deparment down at the factory and thats is what they said.
I now have a aerosol and it seems to be ok, will paint tomorrow.

In the book it says mustard yellow *0038 which is WRONG but i dont know why.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts