1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
When is it?

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
FWIW, I think we should try to put together something like a "Ducs in the Adirondacks" camping trip next year. I don't really care about the destination as long as it's within say 500 mi. of Hartford. 'Course I'd prefer upstate NY or New England but I'm getting ahead of myself.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I've attended Americade every year since 1995. I'm not really into the whole "Americade" thing so to speak, just use it as an excuse to ride some great roads in the Adirondacks and be around fellow riders.

I usually stay in Bolton Landing or Diamond Point away from all the shenanigans in the village and go for some nice long rides each day like; Lake Placid, Vermont and one year Canada.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FWIW, I think we should try to put together something like a "Ducs in the Adirondacks" camping trip next year. I don't really care about the destination as long as it's within say 500 mi. of Hartford. 'Course I'd prefer upstate NY or New England but I'm getting ahead of myself.
Lake George. But as montducati stated, you gotta stay in the outskirts and surrounding towns. I'd be there hopefully!

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Lake George. But as montducati stated, you gotta stay in the outskirts and surrounding towns. I'd be there hopefully!
I went to the very first Americade when I think they called it Aspencade East. Not my thing. I usually ride with 4-6 other guys and if we are up there during Americade we camp up at Blue Mountain Lake (Golden Beach SP actually) and stay away from Lake George.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I went to the very first Americade when I think they called it Aspencade East. Not my thing. I usually ride with 4-6 other guys and if we are up there during Americade we camp up at Blue Mountain Lake (Golden Beach SP actually) and stay away from Lake George.
Yea, back in 95 it was mostly a mellow Goldwing family oriented type of rally. Now it's mostly a Harley Tough Guy Wannabe Poser Fest. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts