Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Bon Vivant
10,743 Posts
If I recall there is a Euro bike group that meets up at the , where else, Starbucks in Golden every Saturday morning. Not sure if they still do it however.

And there is also this thread http://www.ducati.ms/forums/28-rocky-mountain/268721-list-colorado-front-range-riders-denver-surrounding-areas.html

Marc
Lomax, I think the "any Sunday" guys used to meet on Sundays however the main guy that organized them was hurt badly on a ride about 4 or 5 weeks ago. I'm not sure if the meetings are still continuing. The DEMC group (Denver Eurotrash motorcycle club) meets on Saturdays and I think both meet at the Starbucks in Golden around 9 AM

One thing Ive found is that group rides here in Colorado tend to get a huge variety of skill levels and egos. The two seem to mix badly and have unfortunate outcomes.
I learned to stay away after a few years and now I have a few guys that enjoy riding with and we ride on our own. It just works better for me and I don't ride like ricky racer any more.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm with you on that. I used to ride with CSC and some other groups but am just not into group riding any more for the exact reasons you put forth.

I like to ride "The Pace", don't pass on double yellows, and am generally a bore these days. :grin2:

So if anyone wants to ride with an old slow guy I am up for it. :nerd:

Marc

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lomax, I think the "any Sunday" guys used to meet on Sundays however the main guy that organized them was hurt badly on a ride about 4 or 5 weeks ago. I'm not sure if the meetings are still continuing. The DEMC group (Denver Eurotrash motorcycle club) meets on Saturdays and I think both meet at the Starbucks in Golden around 9 AM

One thing Ive found is that group rides here in Colorado tend to get a huge variety of skill levels and egos. The two seem to mix badly and have unfortunate outcomes.
I learned to stay away after a few years and now I have a few guys that enjoy riding with and we ride on our own. It just works better for me and I don't ride like ricky racer any more.
I'm with you on that. I used to ride with CSC and some other groups but am just not into group riding any more for the exact reasons you put forth.

I like to ride "The Pace", don't pass on double yellows, and am generally a bore these days. :grin2:

So if anyone wants to ride with an old slow guy I am up for it. :nerd:

Marc
Good to know bulldog. I could see that being a problem. I'm not looking for a huge group, just trying to meet a few people that might be interested in getting together for an outing one time. I'm pretty new to the area so i'm all for cruising around and checking out the scenery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Denver Ducati Club meets up just about every Sunday at the Starbucks near Golden Gate Canyon. All level of rider abilities and "sanity" if you will. Check them out on meet up.com Oh, I think its like 5 bucks a year now to belong..

·
Smut peddler
959 Posts
If anyone has any road suggestions or points of interest in Denver, there's a flat lander from Southern Canada visiting this week that would appreciate it. Also, the best shithole bars in town to go to at night (the kind you have to have at least two scars to get into) :grin2:

Thanks,
John
651-238-9862

·
Registered
374 Posts
Don't really know about the scars and bars and the roads depend on how far you want to go.

Close local good roads would include:

South side of town take highway 285 up to Pine Junction and then head down 126 to Deckers. continue south to Woodland park and then return as you like.

If you are a bit further north any of the canyons west of Denver are lots of fun. Highway 6, hwy 46, hwy 72, hwy 119 all head up to the Peak to Peak highway (also 119 up there) you can head north to Estes Park and back down any way you like.

If you want a little longer ride take hwy 7 or 36 to Estes Park and continue over Trail Ridge, Rocky Mountain national park to Grand lake and back down hwy 40. The scenery will reward you. :)

Marc

·
Registered
18 Posts
When you are in Pine (the town) head East out to Sphinx Park and check out the Buck Snort Saloon - divetown. That whole little valley feels like Appalachia. There is a fun dirt road beyond there that shoots you back out on 285 also.

Golden Gate Canyon up to Nederland then back down Coal Creek Canyon is my favorite front range ride.

As for dive bars... check out M&M's in 5 pts. Cheap booze and an interesting history. It's about as Divey as they get. Also Phil's Place on Larimer/36th? They've always got shitty beer and football on. Not my kinda place, but it's surely a dive. Great street tacos at Cold Crush. Shoot me a PM if you're near downtown.

·
Smut peddler
959 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]

The riding here is phenomenal, I may never leave. Socal is great, but the Rockies have the scenery and plenty of great pitstops. I hit 119 and then went over to the national park. I only made it in a little ways, due to time constraints and my little hyper tank wasn't full, will head back. Gonna do some biking tomorrow morning, then back on the scoot in the afternoon. I feel like a kid at Disneyland.

I'm staying in Littleton, but would be happy to meet up with anyone for a beer anywhere in the area. If my buds from MN are reading this, go to my house, pack my shit and send it out here, you can keep my gas station restroom rubber collection, but I need my man hammocks!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I am going to have to break in the tires on my new Hyperstrada Saturday if you are still in the area. :rolleyes:

Marc

·
Smut peddler
959 Posts
Thanks for the offer, but today is my last day here. Back to the flatland tomorrow morning..... for now. Any realtors here?:grin2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts