Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone, here's the thread to organize a June Multistrada ride. Last year we gathered in July and rode north... Golden Gate Canyon, Peak to Peak, St Vrain Canyon, etc. Here's the video of the five of us ascending the St. Vrain to the Peak to Peak...

St. Vrain Canyon - YouTube (Just reposted this, thus not many views).

Gonna propose we head south this time, ending up at Rita's Place in Guffey for some lunchtime chow. Rita can reserve a table for us outside on the back deck. Plans include riding the great High Park Road on the return. Actually, all the roads in the vicinity of Guffey entertain. The tour to Guffey will include passing through Victor and Cripple Creek. Considering a photo stop or two, going to suggest we gather at the Pine Junction Grocery (U.S. 285 and Pine Valley/Deckers Rd.) for a 9:30a departure. Arrive earlier for breakfast snacks and such. From the PJG this is about a 210-220 mile round trip ride.

Dates: Saturday the 2nd or Saturday the 9th. Both work for me. Ideally, if you're flexible, we plan for the 2nd, but if it is a gloomy, rainy day (like last Saturday), we postpone for a week.

Colorado Springs riders, if we depart at 9:30a, could meet you at the 66 fuel station in Woodland Park at U.S. 24 and CO 67.

An option for the ride. It was suggested we ride to the top of Pikes Peak in honor of the Multistrada's winning ways in the Hillclimb Races. A ride to Pikes Peak by itself is not a meaty enough ride. Also, on a Saturday in June there is a parade of cars to the top. We would want to get a very early start, being at the entrance gate no later than 8:00a to 8:30a. We would leave the Pine Junction Grocery around 6:30a to 6:45a, or just gather at the parking area before the Pikes Peak entrance gate between 7:30a and 8:00a. After the ascent/descent, we ride to Guffey. Provide your sentiments with this option.

So, let's just go with the consensus on all the proceeding. I'm flexible and can go with any plan. Pass this along to anyone who I might have missed in the PM or email. Looking forward to gathering. Perhaps this isn't the only 2012 MTS Colorado ride.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm flexible as well, so what ever works for the group will work for me. That was a great video, I have to ask, what camera are you using? Been looking at helmet cams, believe I'd like a high def for stills as well as video. There seem to be a couple of different formats out there, I'm familiar with h.264. This would be my first helmet cam, so whatever you can share, I'm sure I'd find enlightening. A PM is fine, then we won't tie up the thread.

Thanks;

·
Registered
2019 1260S Volcano Grey
763 Posts
Glad you reposted the vid...too good to bury.

I'm good w/ going to Rita's for lunch. Including Pikes Peak would mean those of us in the north would have to leave at o'dark thirty...too much for one day IMHO, although I'd love to do it another day and get pix of all the multis at the top.

AAR: the 2nd works for me, and a good idea that we have a rain date the following Saturday.

I do think we should post this on the main forum as there are lots of multis in Denver and the Springs that we do not know and I think we should cast a broad net and at least give them the option.

Everyone, here's the thread to organize a June Multistrada ride. Last year we gathered in July and rode north... Golden Gate Canyon, Peak to Peak, St Vrain Canyon, etc. Here's the video of the five of us ascending the St. Vrain to the Peak to Peak...

St. Vrain Canyon - YouTube (Just reposted this, thus not many views).

Gonna propose we head south this time, ending up at Rita's Place in Guffey for some lunchtime chow. Rita can reserve a table for us outside on the back deck. Plans include riding the great High Park Road on the return. Actually, all the roads in the vicinity of Guffey entertain. The tour to Guffey will include passing through Victor and Cripple Creek. Considering a photo stop or two, going to suggest we gather at the Pine Junction Grocery (U.S. 285 and Pine Valley/Deckers Rd.) for a 9:30a departure. Arrive earlier for breakfast snacks and such. From the PJG this is about a 210-220 mile round trip ride.

Dates: Saturday the 2nd or Saturday the 9th. Both work for me. Ideally, if you're flexible, we plan for the 2nd, but if it is a gloomy, rainy day (like last Saturday), we postpone for a week.

Colorado Springs riders, if we depart at 9:30a, could meet you at the 66 fuel station in Woodland Park at U.S. 24 and CO 67.

An option for the ride. It was suggested we ride to the top of Pikes Peak in honor of the Multistrada's winning ways in the Hillclimb Races. A ride to Pikes Peak by itself is not a meaty enough ride. Also, on a Saturday in June there is a parade of cars to the top. We would want to get a very early start, being at the entrance gate no later than 8:00a to 8:30a. We would leave the Pine Junction Grocery around 6:30a to 6:45a, or just gather at the parking area before the Pikes Peak entrance gate between 7:30a and 8:00a. After the ascent/descent, we ride to Guffey. Provide your sentiments with this option.

So, let's just go with the consensus on all the proceeding. I'm flexible and can go with any plan. Pass this along to anyone who I might have missed in the PM or email. Looking forward to gathering. Perhaps this isn't the only 2012 MTS Colorado ride.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sweet. I'm in for the 2nd. Pikes Peak would be fun for the photo opp but I think a ride to Guffey will be better ride altogether. Thanks Steve for organizing this one! Can't wait!

-Neil

·
Registered
117 Posts
Multi Ride

Sorry I won't be able to join everyone on Sat. June 2. I have a previous commitment I can't break. If the 2nd somehow doesn't workout for you guys I'll join you all on the 9th or the next Multi ride. Hope you all have a great time. The Guffey ride sounds just right. Loved the video. St Vrain and Peak to Peak is my all time favorite ride.

Cheers to All

·
Registered
31 Posts
Steve, thanks for the inclusion into the regional group happenings. I am fairly new to the group with just having purchased a 12 MTS Touring. I don't know yet if I am going to be in town due to work those days, but if I am will certainly join a ride. Looking forward to meeting the other members. Bash

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
CO Multi ride

I'm in as well...thanks for pulling this together...

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
At this point, it looks like I'll be working the first weekend in June. That date is subject to change though. So, make the plans and I'll join up if I can.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm flexible as well, so what ever works for the group will work for me. That was a great video, I have to ask, what camera are you using? Been looking at helmet cams, believe I'd like a high def for stills as well as video. There seem to be a couple of different formats out there, I'm familiar with h.264. This would be my first helmet cam, so whatever you can share, I'm sure I'd find enlightening. A PM is fine, then we won't tie up the thread.

Thanks;
Ken... It was a ContourHD cam parked on a mount on the lower left side of the helmet. A recording from the top of the helmet looks too extreme/weird. I also use a GoPro HD, and I'll slap it on the side of the helmet as well. This cam has the still image mode, but fwiw, it isn't too difficult to pause a vid at a special place, capture it to the clipboard, paste the screen snapshot into an image editing program, and there you go. Just pasted this into the free Microsoft Paint. Could have blown the image up to take up the screen, could have removed the video borders, etc. A windy day yesterday on Trail Ridge!

·
Registered
2019 1260S Volcano Grey
763 Posts
Steve, you must have gone over TRR early to avoid the afternoon deluge. I wonder if it snowed up there last night?

Re: Ride: Since Eric, SteveP, and others can't make it on the 2nd, we could do another ride the next weekend so that they can some along. If so, I would propose we do Stove Prairie, 14, Walden, Willow Creek and back over Berthoud Pass. They finished construction on Stove Prairie so it goes through to 14 now.

·
Registered
117 Posts
June 9 ride

Hey I'm with Moto Zen, his idea of a following Sat. ride on the 9th sounds good to me and so does his proposed route.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'd be in but can't make the 8/9th date. We have a race at HPR that weekend. Keep me posted here and I'll join if I can.

·
Registered
2019 1260S Volcano Grey
763 Posts
So, are we on for next Saturday the 2nd? Meeting at the Pine Junction Grocery and leaving at 9:30am for lunch at Rita's in Guffey?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes we're on. Was going to confirm final plans Wednesday or so after a confirming weather forecast. From the five day it is looking mighty fine. Have connected with Rita from Rita's Place; she will be expecting us. Will be a ride to Guffey. Final details in a couple days.

·
Registered
2019 1260S Volcano Grey
763 Posts
Thanks for taking the lead on this and talking to Rita. Weather looks to be fine, if somewhat hot. I'll keep an eye out for the final details, but really, all I need to know is if the meeting place and time change.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Everyone, Just to confirm the MTS ride for this Saturday. Gather at the Pine Junction Grocery around 9:30a. Anyone from the Springs area can connect in Woodland Park at the Phillips 66 station on the west side of 67/24 where we will pause... perhaps around 10:30a.

From Woodland Park we ride with the traffic towards Cripple Creek, before departing for Victor. There will be a photo stop above Victor. County roads will take us to Guffey for lunchtime chow.

Following, we'll descend Colorado 9 to Teller 11/High Park Road, enjoying its ways to Teller 1, then Lower Twin Rock to 24, back to Woodland Park, Deckers Road back to 285.

See you then.

·
Bon Vivant
10,957 Posts
Everyone, Just to confirm the MTS ride for this Saturday. Gather at the Pine Junction Grocery around 9:30a. Anyone from the Springs area can connect in Woodland Park at the Phillips 66 station on the west side of 67/24 where we will pause... perhaps around 10:30a.

From Woodland Park we ride with the traffic towards Cripple Creek, before departing for Victor. There will be a photo stop above Victor. County roads will take us to Guffey for lunchtime chow.

Following, we'll descend Colorado 9 to Teller 11/High Park Road, enjoying its ways to Teller 1, then Lower Twin Rock to 24, back to Woodland Park, Deckers Road back to 285.

See you then.
Steve, will see you in woodland park at around 10:30 with Gman and Robb but I'm not sure what 66 station you are talking about, there's a Conoco and a shamrock at that intersection I don't recall a 66 ???

1 - 20 of 33 Posts