Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just installed the Touratech belly pan.
Now I'm thinking I should powder coat it some color but don't know what. Given the PP color scheme, wheels etc. any advice on color? Just leave it raw aluminum?
I know, silly question, but what else you got to do?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'd probably leave it as is... or go black, TBH.

Is it just me, or does it not look much different from the OEM pan?
It's one piece instead of three, much thicker, and absolutely not needed unless you go dirt riding. It's part of the enduro package. I got it for cheap awhile back.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The only thing I’d change is that nasty white rear wheel and the ghey red one on the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I happen to like the white and red wheels, actually I do get lots of compliments on how the bike look.
And I'm not ghey

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it looks good as is, but if you really want a color I'd vote red. Nice looking bike.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Thank you, my favorite right now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm voting for red. However, be aware that red powder coat varies from powder manufacturer to manufacturer as well as shop to shop. Some of the better shops can do exact color matches. Not sure if yours does. Grabbing a front fender to do a color match is always a good idea.
Just remember, that even though it does not appear your PP sees much time of the pavement, the stock pan does get spit on pretty heavy from road grime, tar, brake dust, etc. Is powder the best choice? That is for you to answer. I suspect the brushed aluminum makes it easier to scrub that crap off without fear of jacking paint or powder with a scotch-brite pad.

·
Excel Addict
5,239 Posts
Download GIMP then start experimenting with colouring in various parts.
Watch YouTube vids on how to use GIMP.
As an example, compare my sig pic to this one done with GIMP.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Download GIMP then start experimenting with colouring in various parts.
Watch YouTube vids on how to use GIMP.
As an example, compare my sig pic to this one done with GIMP.
View attachment 982593
Wow, cool software.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just installed the Touratech belly pan.
Now I'm thinking I should powder coat it some color but don't know what. Given the PP color scheme, wheels etc. any advice on color? Just leave it raw aluminum?
I know, silly question, but what else you got to do?

Hey I just noticed the forum on the side of your tank. Can't believe we haven't met. I use to go on various rides with other members but really haven't the past year since Im usually teaching most weekends between spring thru fall. I sometimes hit PJ's for bike night but I'm usually the only Duc or certainly the only Multi there. I go by the same handle as this forum or Kenny

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey I just noticed the forum on the side of your tank. Can't believe we haven't met. I use to go on various rides with other members but really haven't the past year since Im usually teaching most weekends between spring thru fall. I sometimes hit PJ's for bike night but I'm usually the only Duc or certainly the only Multi there. I go by the same handle as this forum or Kenny
Hey Kenny, thanks for reaching out. I use to go on rides all the time, with SSA, few years back. I went last year on a couple. I live in S. Reno and do the VC/TR routine often during the nice weather months. Did a few runs to Monitor last year and a long ride to the Quail Moto Gathering. Not many Ducs show up at PJ's, I only saw another Multi once.
Let's ride next week, mid 60's and 70's coming.
Alberto

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
252 Posts
My vote is for the same color as the crash bars. A shinier silver. Or leave it as it matched the foot controls and that area of the bike. I kinda like black wheels though. Shits hard enough to keep clean as it is !!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts