Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Collected my bike from Italia Moto in Lincoln (UK) today. Big thanks to Tony & the gang for great service, nice people to do business with - highly recommended . Enjoyed a very pleasant ride back home, gave the bike a quick clean & took some photos.

GT1000 (2007)
Excel Wheels
Termi Kit (sans baffles)
DP Flyscreen
Ventura Grab Rail
Wired for Gerbing Heated Clothing
Optimate Connector
Extenda Fenda
Carbon Fibre Hugger/Chainguard

Attachments

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Very nice Rudolf, and may I compliment you on your excellent taste! That flyscreen is very cool and I'd be interested in getting your feedback about how it does at speed.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Good looking bike. (I have a red 07 as well.)

I just ordered that flyscreen. I'm having mine sent to paint to match the tank. I'll post picks when it is back and on the bike.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. The flyscreen came with the bike & the previous owner had hand-painted it in a gloss red. Brush strokes were very evident so it's been rubbed down & sprayed with a black silk finish.

The weather was very windy when I rode home across a pretty flat landscape until I left Lincolnshire. I found I had to lean forward slightly at speed (I might have done 85mph if I had been on a private road!), but the strength of the wind means I'll have to report back on the flyscreen when I have ridden the bike in more normal conditions.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Got an 07 Red GT myself. Congrats and ride the ass off that thing! :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nice. You're going to have fun. The screen looks good black.

·
Registered
12 Posts
u're definitely gonna like, I'got mine one and a half month ago, and have already 7000KM, it was a new one... I can't stop riding it
got a little question : what brand is you're rear hugger/chain-guard? is you're chain-guard long enough to avoid the greasy mess due to the chain?

ride on!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Rudolph
Congratulations on the bike! We will have to arrange a meet up sometime!
I am off to Santander for 5 day trip, ending up at St Malo. 6 of us going.
joolz

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Rudolph
Congratulations on the bike! We will have to arrange a meet up sometime!
I am off to Santander for 5 day trip, ending up at St Malo. 6 of us going.
joolz
Cheers Joolz. Yes, we must arrange to meet up. Enjoy your trip to Santander, are you riding there & back or ferrying to Santander & then meandering up through France?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got a little question : what brand is you're rear hugger/chain-guard? is you're chain-guard long enough to avoid the greasy mess due to the chain?
I believe the hugger/chain guard is a QB World of Carbon product. I don't tend to suffer from lube being flung over the back wheel & swinging arm because I use Wurth dry chain lube. Most of the Ducati dealers over here use the same lube as do many of the Ducati owners I know.

I haven't had chance to ride the bike since I brought it home on Monday, I tend to work pretty long hours so I'll be hoping for some bonding time at the weekend. I'll report more after I've put some more miles under the tyres.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Rudolph,
Yea.... getting the ferry to Santander.
I got a QB World of Carbon hugger/ chain guard. The first one had the holes drilled in the wrong places.... they didn't line up with the swing arm holes. The kindly sent me another one after I explained the problem... and the holes were drilled wrongly again. I ended up using a circular file which did the trick. The hugger appears a bit flimsy...yet to see what the long-term durability is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts