Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a shoppin' for a good cold weather jacket for my new Multi...just sold my BMW Rallye 3 suit....what do you guys like?

I'm expecting to use it for the Fall, Winter and early Spring, so having lots of vents are unnecessary. Being waterproof would be nice. One jacket I'm considering is the new Macna GEO jacket at Twisted Throttle...anyone here have one of those?

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
-Aerostich Falstaff jacket matched with one of their pants offerings
-Rukka Armas
-Rev'it Everest, Horizon or Legacy(see BeachMoto here on our board)
-BMW Rallye 3 :D
-Dainese Ducati Multistrada Jacket (not sure name/if stil made)

Have fun,

·
Registered
166 Posts
I use Gerbing heated jacket, gloves and socks. I have never been cold and the quality is excellent. I also have Dainese cold weather pants. I bought them from Paul over at MotoMarket Cafe in Acton, MA. If you have not been there...good place to visit.

·
Super Moderator
5,698 Posts
I think BMW makes the best apparel, I bought a matching set of the Tourance 2 tops and bottoms for me and the missus. And the First Gear heated liner, gloves and socks (Gerbing knockoff I think, but very good quality - may even be the same stuff) has kept me warm down to 23 degrees at highway speeds for hours.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use Gerbing heated jacket, gloves and socks. I have never been cold and the quality is excellent. I also have Dainese cold weather pants. I bought them from Paul over at MotoMarket Cafe in Acton, MA. If you have not been there...good place to visit.
I met them at a show in Boston a couple of years ago...I'm on their email blast list....I really should take a ride up. Perhaps this Friday. :D

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I have the Atlantis 4 and swear by it. Wear it 90% of my time on the bike. Around 80 it starts to get uncomfortable. In winter I leave my Gerbings inside the jacket as I wear it and plug in whether I turn it on or not. That rheostat allows incremental adjustments so that even slight discomfort can be easily addressed!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Sophomore Member
2,996 Posts
Aerostich Roadcrafter 1 piece or Darien. Add in the Gerbings and you are set.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I've got an old Areostich Darien and a newer Darien light. These jackets provide amazing weather protection, but will flow an absurd amount of air if you open them up. I've got numerous jackets, but if it's cold or damp I've got one of the two on.

·
Registered
530 Posts
+1 on heated gear. I use a waterproof jacket with a headed jacket liner. Alpinestars P1 jacket, looks good on the multi.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm a shoppin' for a good cold weather jacket for my new Multi...just sold my BMW Rallye 3 suit....what do you guys like?

I'm expecting to use it for the Fall, Winter and early Spring, so having lots of vents are unnecessary. Being waterproof would be nice. One jacket I'm considering is the new Macna GEO jacket at Twisted Throttle...anyone here have one of those?
The one that fits, so the armour stays in place, and provides the features you want?

Once I find it, I'll tell ya. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
+1 on heated gear. I use a waterproof jacket with a headed jacket liner. Alpinestars P1 jacket, looks good on the multi.
Yeah, I have a Gerbings heated jacket...the newer microwire version. I think I may get their heated gloves too. On my old GSA, it was so wide and blocked so much wind that I didn't need much insulation for my 30 min commute. My Rallye 3 suit really has very little thermal protection and that was ok then. But now on the much breezier Multi, I think I'll need a lot more insulation.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Yeah, I have a Gerbings heated jacket...the newer microwire version. I think I may get their heated gloves too. On my old GSA, it was so wide and blocked so much wind that I didn't need much insulation for my 30 min commute. My Rallye 3 suit really has very little thermal protection and that was ok then. But now on the much breezier Multi, I think I'll need a lot more insulation.
you don't need more insulation, you need a good windstop material with a light liner. you don't want to be the Michelin Man in winter weather :)

I have a custom fitted Motoport because I have a hard time buying off the shelf. If I could, the KLiM suits are some of the best available today. Dainese also makes a great winter/touring jacket, i think it's a D-Dry jacket. Aerostich one piece with a heated liner is the go to suit for just about everything. If you getting too much air, a very light wind-stop jacket or pullover on top of the heated liner makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you don't need more insulation, you need a good windstop material with a light liner. you don't want to be the Michelin Man in winter weather :)
Haha...I happily ride to work when its 15 degrees F out...trust me, sometimes (at least), I need insulation! :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Rukka Armas - no question the best. If only US had a little better dealer network, but i guess you cant win everything. I have gerbings as well, but only need below 35.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Dainese Gator is bad ass(that is what I have). They also make some other high end jackets as well. You can't wear BMW gear on a Ducati, just ain't right!!!

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Rukka Armas - I just did a 1500 mile tour in the jacket and pants and it's simply amazing in terms of design, quality of materials and workmanship. I bought mine at Bikerland in Germany and got a perfect fit and a great price - much cheaper than US prices.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts