Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this is the second time I've had the Hyper out when it's 'cold' (I'm calling cold 55F or below. My first cold ride was at around 40F).

Question is... what is your observed idle speed in these temps? What I'm noticing is that even when the bike hits operating temp after a few miles, idle speed stays around 1700rpm. Even after my 50 mile commute on the first 40F day, idle was high when temp was low. But on the way home when temps hit 70F+, idle was fine (1300rpm or so). So I'm thinking this is normal... ? Anyone else live where it cold this morning want to go take a quick spin for me :p

Worth noting is that my oil temp never really got about 150F today, and on my previous commuting ride probably topped out around 180F or so.

·
Registered
57 Posts
in colder weather. Under 40 deg F. my idle will hang around 1500 for a few seconds before settling back at 1300. even after the bike fully warms up it will still hang when it is cold out. but in warmer temps the idle never hangs up.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
with the dp race ecu (full, for cams), my hypertard does not seem to exhibit the fast idle when cold.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Perfect idle at all temps with the 2-1 ECU as well. Idle was a lot more lumpy with an occasional stall with the OEM ECU. What are your air bleeds set at?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
1300 RPM all the time with the 2-2 slip on ECU. When it ran correctly with the stock ECU it was right at 1300 as well. When it wasn't running correctly it hopped between 900 and 1300 until it stalled. Never idled higher than 1300 no matter what.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weird. I fired it back up again a few minutes after I got home and it sat at 1300. Couldn't get it to budge off that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine does the same cold mornings (+6 degrees) 1700 rpm tickover even after a 45mile commute, on the way home (+14 degrees) back down to 1300rpm.
Stock ECU, LV cans and Cat eliminator.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine does the same cold mornings (+6 degrees) 1700 rpm tickover even after a 45mile commute, on the way home (+14 degrees) back down to 1300rpm.
Stock ECU, LV cans and Cat eliminator.
Hrm. Well, that's oddly reasuring :D It doesn't terribly bother me, so I suspect I'll just leave it be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts