Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks. Here it is. Rick at motocd.com Goes by NCRick on here has developed his own 25mm cartridge kit for the Ducati SS bikes. I race by SS so i wanted to get a really jam up front end. Well I got it. I will report back when i get to test them with some real world reviews. Give Rick a call. Tell him you saw my post on the board. He can give you the scientific specs on them, costs, etc. I can not wait to get on the track with these. Here are the specs according to Rick and some pics. THey are pretty huh !!!!! Thank Rick !! Great service, great price, great support !! Great guy !! and fellow Ducati SS rider/racer.

Hello Hayden,

We set you up with .90 springs and an oil height of 120mm. We use Spectro
Ultra Light shock oil (VI of 400). The 260 mm long springs are precision
indexed to the fork centerline at both the top and bottom mountings. There
is a low friction spring guide that maintains a very smooth fork action by
minimizing friction.

The fork cartridge is built on a 25mm diameter damper piston system. We
utilize custom valving to provide excellent performance on your Ducati 800
SS racebike. Our tailored top-out spring has been selected to minimize front
wheel chatter and maximize front tire traction. Specialized coatings and
bearings have been utilized to provide very low internal friction for a and
responsive action.

Your formerly non-adjustable Marzocchi forks are now both independently
compression and rebound adjustable. Spring preload is adjustable with an
easy wrench adjustment that provides a visual reference of the setting. Our
large diameter damper rod ensures great adjustability and quick pressure
build within the damper. Dyno testing and setup of your forks on our Roehrig
Damper Dynamometer show the excellent performance with exceptionally low
hystorisis.

I have attached photos of both your original cartridge and the new Cogent
Dynamics internals. We look forward to working with you during this race
season.

Rick Tannenbaum
Cogent Dynamics Motorsport
motocd.com
(828) 628 9025

Attachments

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
they look great, i am awaiting the report how
the fork works with them.

a link to an explanation of the damper dynamometer
would be helpful also.

:cool:

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Oh cool. Way to go Rick! I have those Marzzochi forks, but bought 748 ones and did a Superbike conversion instead. I bet Rick's set up works great!

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Those are yummy.

Rick has a real presence on these forums, and is getting a reputation as being the guy who really knows what to do with the lower end Ducati suspension bits to make them work. He also helped me out with advice on how to get my Penske shock working, and I didn't even buy it through him. The guys I bought it from were truly useless - lesson learned. You can guess where my business will go in the future.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Yeah, I feel like getting my old Marzoochi forks converted just for the heck of it... Rick is a real asset here on the board. Thanks Rick!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Rick's the man.... he's been helping all of us who ride the suspension challenged SSs for a long while now. Years back, he spent hours helping me sort out an Ohlins fork internals transplant on my '96SS that went horribly wrong and ended up getting but the price of an $8 shim stack out of it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Rick's the man.... he's been helping all of us who ride the suspension challenged SSs for a long while now. Years back, he spent hours helping me sort out an Ohlins fork internals transplant on my '96SS that went horribly wrong and ended up getting but the price of an $8 shim stack out of it.
+1! Ever since I met him at USDESMO years ago. I'm a recurrent customer. From suspension to Rims. Although it takes me a while to make a decision :think:..... If he's got it, he's the person I contact first... and last.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Thanks for the kind words folks! Hayden, I am looking forward to your ride report. I have the same parts installed in my
1999 900 SS (along with a high tech carbon - carbon coating and I have got to say, they are the best forks I have experienced. Next up is my 748/996 track bike.

The kits are available to fit most Ducatis.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Does this include the Sport Classics? If so, then you have a winner there.

BTW, I have some of Rick's handiwork on my SS too. He does great work, is very friendly and really cares the customer is happy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It would be sweet if there was a published price list for different levels of mods to the forks. You could bench mark cost with say 3-4 levels for the guys that leave the big decisions to the pros based on the type of riding we do without feeling like we are taking valuable time away from the provider (In any auto business i know time = money.I feel rather guilty if i keep someone away from their work asking 1000 questions that could be anwsered with a few choices:))

·
Registered
722 Posts
The Sport Classic Suspension was a main target of this project. I will get some details on the web site some time soon. We have been working on the project since September and I want to work out a few more Racer deals in the mean time.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks for the kind words folks! Hayden, I am looking forward to your ride report. I have the same parts installed in my
1999 900 SS (along with a high tech carbon - carbon coating and I have got to say, they are the best forks I have experienced. Next up is my 748/996 track bike.

Including a 1997 900 SS CR? Price?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything to modify on the CRs other than springs and oil weight :-(
I was assuming, quite possibly wrongly, that this statement referred to the CRs:

"Your formerly non-adjustable Marzocchi forks are now both independently
compression and rebound adjustable."

·
Registered
267 Posts
Brian, I'd expect you'll have better luck if you call (or maybe email) NCRick directly at Cogent Dynamics. As this is an older thread, he may not see this thread to post a reply.

Bryan

1 - 20 of 29 Posts