Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I modeled these and had a friend CNC them out of 6061 AL. My old bracket was cracked and I never really liked all the weird complexity. I also moved the headlamp a few MM forward and down. I'm using mini signals as my headlamp bolts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Cool. Did you have to remove your top triple T to fit them? Where did you mount the clocks? Also, what did you use to pin the brake hoses to the lower triple, is that something you had made or can you find it stock?

I ordered these:

https://spieglerusa.com/lights-indicators/headlights/headlight-brackets/headlight-bracket-19505.htm

I have yet to fit them because it will require manufacturing some sort of bracket to mount my motogadget on the top triple where the original headlight bracket mounts...

not enough hours in the day...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't have to remove the top triple tree to install because they are a 2 piece clamp on design. But removing the triple tree would be easy.

The clocks are held on with a simple 1/2"x1/2" bar stock with holes drilled in it to bolt to the top triple tree and about a 30 degree angle machined off(or even filed) with another set of holes drilled for the clock mounts.

So good to throw away all the garbage associated with the cracked headlamp mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I didn't have to remove the top triple tree to install because they are a 2 piece clamp on design. But removing the triple tree would be easy.

The clocks are held on with a simple 1/2"x1/2" bar stock with holes drilled in it to bolt to the top triple tree and about a 30 degree angle machined off(or even filed) with another set of holes drilled for the clock mounts.

So good to throw away all the garbage associated with the cracked headlamp mount.
thanks. and what about the brake hose, as per my other question...

(what did you use to pin the brake hoses to the lower triple, is that something you had made or can you find it stock? )

thx!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just used some stainless steel pipe/wire tie-downs from Mcmaster carr. I think they were meant for 1/2 or 5/8" OD pipe. See the pic.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts