Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody put this vanity piece on their bike ?

If so, any pics or tips on installing ?

Seems pretty straightforward installing the cover with a pressure plate, but as I am learning with my first Ducati, nothing is ever straightforward with this bike.

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
Also, it's not just a vanity piece. It boosted my HP, torque, and MPG by 25% across the board after I installed it.
That all came from the stickers that came with the kit.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
That all came from the stickers that came with the kit.
Correct.

It is never enough to just slap an absurdly expensive, blatantly blingy, ostentatious thingy on just one side of your bike.

It is imperative to slap a bunch of product stickers on the other side of your bike. Thus, pointing the casual observer in the direction of the absurdly expensive, blatantly blingy, ostentatious thingy on the other side of your bike.

Same idea applies when approaching a local Starbucks and you happen to notice a crowd outside. It is imperative to reverse direction if necessary to ensure you pull in with the absurdly expensive, blatantly blingy, ostentatious thingy on the side of your bike facing the crowd.

These are helpful hints that all very serious motorcyclists like myself take very seriously.

·
Bon Vivant
10,740 Posts
Correct.

It is never enough to just slap an absurdly expensive, blatantly blingy, ostentatious thingy on just one side of your bike.

It is imperative to slap a bunch of product stickers on the other side of your bike. Thus, pointing the casual observer in the direction of the absurdly expensive, blatantly blingy, ostentatious thingy on the other side of your bike.

Same idea applies when approaching a local Starbucks and you happen to notice a crowd outside. It is imperative to reverse direction if necessary to ensure you pull in with the absurdly expensive, blatantly blingy, ostentatious thingy on the side of your bike facing the crowd.

These are helpful hints that all very serious motorcyclists like myself take very seriously.
Who can argue with this! What's really funny about it is it seems every time I talk to a person who is a new rider or thinking about getting into riding their first thought is about how the bike looks and nothing else - its like a fashion statement or "personal accessory" to noobs and non-riders. I mean, why else would anybody ride a motorcycle?

·
Premium Member
3,757 Posts
I am unashamedly pro-bling... do with your bike whatever makes you happy. Most of the people who complain about what makes other people happy should be minding their own damned business (that list occasionally includes me).

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Now that I've gotten older and just slightly more mature, I look back on the $thousands$ of blingy things I just had to have for this or that bike at the time and wonder what the hell was I thinking. Oh well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Correct.

Would you please point to the part of the doll where motorcycle bling touched you ?

You sound like you have PTSD.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
Got this long seated phobia about bling. Seems like every time I put some trinket on a bike, I'd end up wadding it. Function over form for me these days.

Of course, I do enjoy looking at the trinkets on other people's bikes.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I personally don't care what anyone adds to their bike, it's their bike and their money... but personally while I think these covers looks pretty cool, I would be worried about leaks or what have you...

And also I think I can find better ways to spend $600-1000 on my bike :p

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Would you please point to the part of the doll where motorcycle bling touched you? You sound like you have PTSD.
LOL. Please don't take my whacko sense of humor and writing style too seriously.

I currently own one of - if not the - most blinged out Multistradas on planet Earth. It looks like a golden chandelier on wheels. It's an eye catcher no doubt.

Even from distant galaxies.

I have a long sordid history of blinging out my bikes. You should have seen my chromed out Harleys. Good Lord. Harley's stock price rose 25% after they handed me their Parts & Accessories catalogue.

Anyway, it may be an age thing because a few months back I walked into my garage and was overwhelmed by the Golden Light. I still love the bike, but bit by bit I've been de-blinging it.

I plan to keep my next bike a bit more subdued.

I hope. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Personally , i would never spend the type of money on that clutch cover, maybe $300..

My buddy who gave me the Multi when he got sick and couldnt ride anymore bought this to put on the bike. His reasoning was that it is what he wanted to do to it when he had it.

I could never afford one of these bikes, i have always owned Japanese. And after owning this, i can say with certainty that i will never own another European bike. A list of things wrong with it and all the recalls, Desmo service because they only warranty the belt for 15k or 5 years is just too much.

The thing runs like a fire breathing dragon from hell on steroids, but i cant trust the bike on a long trip.

For a $27k bike, you would think the engineers would have figured out the rear brake.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
^^^ Agreed. It's a love/hate thing. I don't think I can do another European bike either. Lately, the Z900RS Cafe has caught my eye.

·
Registered
248 Posts
LOL. Please don't take my whacko sense of humor and writing style too seriously.

I currently own one of - if not the - most blinged out Multistradas on planet Earth. It looks like a golden chandelier on wheels. It's an eye catcher no doubt.

Even from distant galaxies.

I have a long sordid history of blinging out my bikes. You should have seen my chromed out Harleys. Good Lord. Harley's stock price rose 25% after they handed me their Parts & Accessories catalogue.

Anyway, it may be an age thing because a few months back I walked into my garage and was overwhelmed by the Golden Light. I still love the bike, but bit by bit I've been de-blinging it.

I plan to keep my next bike a bit more subdued.

I hope. :)
Hmmm... let's see it!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts