Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's a lot of $ for what looks like a Rizoma knock-off. Looks like they stole the product image too.

Here's a page from Motovation's website. They're good guys & down the road from me. Rizoma Spy R Bar End Mirror
I imagine there are supporting vendors here with equally good prices and service.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Can't begin to count the number of times other riders told me they got some of the cheaper quality bar ends (ebay and such) and when talking about them they say, "they work ok, but they kinda vibrate and they don't hold an adjustment.............."

I've just recently put on the crg arrow mirrors and like the other crg barend mirrors I've used over the years on numero us bikes, no issue with blurring, or falling out of adjustment.

Cheap levers, I guess, are one thing but spring for the $$ and buy some good ones, rizoma, crg, etc.

Chris

·
Registered
794 Posts
+1 on the CRG's. I have them on all my bikes and although they are not inexpensive, they absolutely rock. Great field of vision behind and NO vibration. Even on my BSA Victor... a notorious shaking machine. Well worth the price. And unlike the cheapo copys, you can buy replacement parts should it become necessary.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Sorry, no experience with those mirrors. But the website looks like it was designed by a 13 year old, a lot of the product shots are just renderings, and most of their products seem to be blatant knock-offs of name brand stuff. Sketchy IMO.

That said, + 1 on CRG. I have a lanesplitter on my GT and its worth the price.

·
Registered
724 Posts
+1 on the CRG's. I have them and love them...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
My CRGs are rock-solid too. I'd be leery of any knockoffs without reading some reliable product reviews.

·
Registered
693 Posts
The mirrors are fine but the barends are poor quality.Weak material that gives you the feeling the screw is going to strip any second.Also tends to be a one shot install doesn't like to be removed and replaced as the weak metal gets badly disfigured.

·
Registered
346 Posts
We have run both the CRG Arrow mirrors and the Rizoma Spy-R and Spy-Q mirrors. We have been happy with both of them.

I would stay far away from the knock offs. We have people contacting us needing replacement parts for their knock off mirrors quite often, only to find out that they don't exist. If you want the absolute "trickest" looking of the 2 brands, I would have to say that the Rizoma mirrors have a bit more design to them. However, this is not to say that the CRG's are lacking in any way.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Much like others have said, I've seen plenty of problems with the cheap knock-offs. Color fading, loose fittings, lack of availability of spare parts, etc.

As with pretty much everything else on the market, you get what you pay for. I've dealt personally with the folks at CRG and Rizoma, and they're always more than helpful to get me what I need. Top-notch service and help. Very professional, and just overall good people. When trying to get a hold of the cheaper knock-off manufacturers, you're lucky if you even get a response.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
these are exact replica's of the spy R Rizoma's. i have the spyR's installed on my GT.

get the Rizoma's... i wouldn't bother with these. you buying peace of mind with the extra coin involved. worth imo cuz the spyR's i gotta say are something special. small but special..

you may have a problem if your matching the small bit of gold on the knockoffs above.. Rizoma's come with that ring RED.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts