Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into replacing the clutch on my 97sp. No slipping but it's the original with 24k miles and the basket is pretty well hammered. Had the push rod and related stuff replaced over the winter but didn't want to spring the $$ for a new DP clutch.

I've been checking e-bay and wanted to verify that the dry clutch is the same between all the models. Will probably do a Barnett kit or pick one up a used one from a sbk. thanks guys

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yes, all the dry clutches are interchangeable. You can even put a R slipper one on if you want, either aftermarket or from a 748R for example.
Rgds
Richard

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
There are a few choices but the one that I like are th pro-cutting fitted clutches. Each plate is fitted to the basket for longer wear. They come in a hard anodized version also. They are not cheep but not really outrageous say compared to a slipper. Desmo times sells a regular and a hard anodized versions.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i just ordered a pro cutting for my bike. sounds like a really good deal, and its funny to hear that the dry clutch "rattle" isn't really supposed to sound like that... its just indicitive of a clutch that needs maintance.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Fox said:
i just ordered a pro cutting for my bike. sounds like a really good deal, and its funny to hear that the dry clutch "rattle" isn't really supposed to sound like that... its just indicitive of a clutch that needs maintance.
that is the setup i have from DesmoTimes.. it is so much quieter than the stocker WITH the closed cover

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll check out Desmo Times. There's a complete clutch assy from a 749s on e-bay. Looks to be in very good shape so I may take a chance on it. Don't really want to spend $700 on a new DP setup and I figure the 749 is comparable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts