Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at Hallett this past weekend doing a track day. Went out for my second session and the clutch was slipping and I could not get any drive. So I limped my way back in and bled the clutch which on this model seems to be an ongoing issue with air in the line, but never with the clutch slipping. After I bled the clutch, it performed perfectly the rest of the day. Could this be a sign of future and/or continued problems with the clutch? I have an '04 749S with STM slipper clutch and open clutch cover.

·
Senior Narcissista
5,737 Posts
Was at Hallett this past weekend doing a track day. Went out for my second session and the clutch was slipping and I could not get any drive. So I limped my way back in and bled the clutch which on this model seems to be an ongoing issue with air in the line, but never with the clutch slipping. After I bled the clutch, it performed perfectly the rest of the day. Could this be a sign of future and/or continued problems with the clutch? I have an '04 749S with STM slipper clutch and open clutch cover.
Fluke Id say, air will never make it not engage, take away all clutch fluid and itll engage all the time.
As you are using aftermarket stuff you need to check if rod length is now the issue, meaning it could well be standing on the rod and the slave is maxed out.
To test this you make the distance from pressure plate to the slave bigger. Either make the rod shorter or better for testing is introducing washers under the slave adding the distance to see.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had this slipper clutch in there for 10 years with no issues. So I don't think the pushrod is the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts