Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to start my bike today, and when I pulled the clutch in it did not disengage. The fluid level was fine, and all of the connections seemed to be fine as well. I finally tried starting the bike in first gear with the clutch pulled in, and it pulled me forward for three cycles and then the clutch finally released and it started. I did not have any problems with it through the rest of the day. Does anyone know why this would have happened?

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
Do you have an open clutch cover? Did you wash the bike recently? Did you dry the clutch after you washed it?

If you have an open cover and didn't dry the clutch (by running the bike and squeezing the clutch a few times) then it's possible that the some of the discs got stuck together a prevented the clutch from completely disengaging. By "shocking" the clutch with the starter you effectively broke the discs free and all is hunky dorey.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, everything is stock on the bike. But last week I did end up riding up in to the mountains and it started to snow and I rode through snow, rain and mud and did not have time to clean it until today. Not sure if that would have done anything since I have the stock clutch cover. Hopefully everything is fine, just figured I would see if anyone had this issue before I bring it in to the dealer.

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
Not the answer I was expecting, but honestly I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it happens again.

There's a very slim chance something may have crept in behind the cover.

Other than what I've already offered I've got no more answers. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
How many miles on the bike?

Check the clutch basket is not wearing and your plates are 'sticking'

·
Registered
236 Posts
had that happen to me after riding through rain
moisture crept into the clutch slave

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've had the same issue. Da Bull was dead on. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts