Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed new levers on my bike this weekend and took it out for a ride wherein I finally got past the final bit of break-in (1700 miles) so I decided it was time to go to redline. Unfortunately it was rev limited in each get at 8k. Initially I was thinking it was an engine problem but a little research suggests that if the clutch switch is bad (or not trigger by after market levers) the bike won't rev past 8k so I suspect that is the issue.

Pazzo levers are generally well made for each bike so I'm wondering if I screwed something up during install. Anyone run into this and or have suggestions on what to look for.

·
Registered
946 Posts
You can look at the lever and see if it is triggering the micro switch. Careful with it as the little metal arm is typically very fragile.

·
Registered
891 Posts
The switch on the clutch lever is an interlock to prevent starting the bike when the clutch is engaged and the bike is in gear. It has no limiting effect on the engine rpm.

·
Registered
946 Posts
The switch on the clutch lever is an interlock to prevent starting the bike when the clutch is engaged and the bike is in gear. It has no limiting effect on the engine rpm.
Can confirm in my research that many many reported an 8000RPM limit when the bike thinks the clutch is pulled in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can look at the lever and see if it is triggering the micro switch. Careful with it as the little metal arm is typically very fragile.
Thanks! Here's to hoping I didn't accidentally damage it when installing the levers, worst case I'll just be short shifting on the ride today :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funny the thread kuksul08 linked too even mentions Pazzo levers, guess I should have been more specific in my search :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can confirm, after adjusting (bending) the metal lever that depresses the switch out so it contacts the lever I can start the bike with the clutch pulled in and can go well past 8K. Good times.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Interesting....my 939SP lights the red rpm light when I shift above 7000
RPM...it will rev high but when I clutch in to shift that light flicks on. First time it happened I thought it was the oil light! Wonder if this is the switch or something else? I have stock clutch lever.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While I have no idea I'd noticed that too from time to time, I always assumed it was maybe traction control keeping the front on the ground but yeah, could be related to the switch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts