Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m on the road... warm day and the clutch is soft... fluid is in reservoir. Any “easy bleed on the road”? Maybe open top bleed and let fluid gravit feed? Not sure why its soft in the first place either.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Probably got a small leak down at the slave cylinder, common problem on older Ducati's.

Is the actual clutch working properly? Sometimes the tangs on the clutch basket can develop ridges and sometimes the plates don't retract properly after you've squeezed the clutch lever, but if the bike os driving forward properly, I'd bet it's the slave cylinder.

Reactions: complexCarlo

·
Registered
212 Posts
Do you have any brake fluid with you? What about a short flexible tube that'll fit over the bleed nipple, and a 10mm wrench? You can bleed the clutch like the brake. Pull the clutch all the way to the grip, open and close the nipple, release the clutch, pump, repeat. Could try one or two openings of the bleed nipple to see if you've got air in there.

I just had to bleed my clutch this weekend. Bike was starting to get hard to shift into first, and finding neutral was difficult. Same symptoms as a clutch cable needing an adjustment.

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cluch fluid was cooked... we swapped it last night and now just getting the air out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts