Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 900 motor and swapped it for my 750. Now that it is all together, I'm having trouble moving lol. When I put the bike in gear and let the clutch out, it slips big time and I barely move. I feel as though it is not the clutch though because the motor has very few miles. Is the piston thing that bolts on the left side of the motor (actuates the clutch) interchangable from 750 to 900 motors? I used the one from the 750.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update...i took the clutch cover off when i had a moment and a whole bunch of black dust came out. I assume this is not normal correct? How do I know if the clutch is fried? Is there any way to adjust the clutch?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have no idea as to the interchangeability of the parts, but I can get you the 900 motor part numbers if needed. Then, if you had the 750 part numbers, you could compare them.

Did you try rebleeding?

As you probably know the 750 had a wet clutch so I would assume that it is quite different so I wouldn't be surprised if the slave cylinder and maybe the pushrod are different dimensions.

The dust is no doubt from all the slipping while you were troubleshooting. It is normal to have some, but it sounds like you had a lot.

·
Registered
209 Posts
you need to pull the pack and check that the friction plates thickness are in spec, theres a spec for the tang to basket fit also. you might want to check that you have the correct total number of plates, since the unit is new to you. while your in there make sure the steel plates are not glazed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts