Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12k Miles on my PS and the clutch started slippin on hard accel. I install a new pack and its still there. I figure the springs must be fatigued so I get some nice TPO racing springs and its still slipping. I think maybe the thickness is off (even though I've measured it) and go to the extreme of adding a plate just to see and it seems to solve it on a quick test ride. First bit of traffic and it starts slipping again. When its warmed up (bit o traffic) it slips with even half throttle in any gear. I know the pressure plate is good, the springs are brand new, the pack is brand new, I used the torque settings from the manual all around; what am I missing!? I'm startin to think my old pack wasn't as dead as I thought and this slippage was something else from the get go! Please help the canyons are beckoning!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Lemme guess...you weigh around 200 lbs? Try the 14T front sprocket. It's clutch magic.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already have the 14T front sprocket. Probably the most important mod I've done. Makes the bike really come alive. I've put 12k miles on her without any slippage with my 180lb visage...hey I rhymed.

The problem did start 6 or 7 hundred miles after installing Pazzo levers. Could it be due to a mal-adjusted master cylinder engagement screw (don't know its true name)? Ya know the cone shaped screw that goes from the lever into the MC.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Already have the 14T front sprocket. Probably the most important mod I've done. Makes the bike really come alive. I've put 12k miles on her without any slippage with my 180lb visage...hey I rhymed.

The problem did start 6 or 7 hundred miles after installing Pazzo levers. Could it be due to a mal-adjusted master cylinder engagement screw (don't know its true name)? Ya know the cone shaped screw that goes from the lever into the MC.
Not personally familiar with the Pazzos, but if the the adjuster is holding the cylinder open, it's also holding the clutch open a bit. Might need to back it off a bit until you have a little play in the lever.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I would start at the leavers. You're not using automotive oil, are you? That will slip a wet clutch. Also maybe your clutch slave is binding up?? I would guess its your levers are not disengaging all the way.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll go at the levers and report back. The Pazzos use the same adjuster (you actually take it off the stockers) as OEM. I believe the slave to be good as I pulled it and tested the piston's movement. The rod seems to go into it all the way as well as the pressure plate fits correctly. So play in the lever means zero resistance (basically jiggles a bit) right not just pull with no action?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'll go at the levers and report back. The Pazzos use the same adjuster (you actually take it off the stockers) as OEM. I believe the slave to be good as I pulled it and tested the piston's movement. The rod seems to go into it all the way as well as the pressure plate fits correctly. So play in the lever means zero resistance (basically jiggles a bit) right not just pull with no action?
"Play" just means that there is a tiny bit of room between the adjuster and the piston in the clutch cylinder.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Man simply been too busy to even get to the bike (I know its terrible), but I finally did yesterday. Read Shazaam's article on adjusting the master Cylinder ( http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=29044&highlight=clutch+master ) and he was right on! I bought a new clutch pack, new clutch springs, and tore the clutch apart 30 times trying to figure this out and all along I needed to turn a screw and be done with it. Ah well, won't be worried about a clutch for awhile and I'm back to riding! Thanks for the help everyone here and to LT from desmotimes.com who was helping me out even though he didn't need to. Highly recommend desmotimes.com they're awesome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts