Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Clutch slave upgrade

11K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  SPORT_CLASSIC_SPECIALTIES 
#1 ·
Please share your thoughts with me on upgrading my clutch slave to 30mm. My wrist pains me when stuck in traffic and I was wondering if this was the way to go. Would this (claimed 25%) less pull be enough or do I need to get upgraded levers too? Or would levers alone be enough to cure my ache?
Thanks for your input.

#34 ·
FWIW - I also have a Yoyodyne on my 1098, and neutral is sometimes a little more difficult to find. However, the 1098 also has the DP slipper clutch so this is probably apples and oranges.

#35 ·
Oberon Installed

I installed the Oberon unit yesterday, 15 minute job. No problem with neutral, definite reduced pull, looks very nice. The gold anodized is more yellow than the Ohlins gold but looks fine.

Makes you want to shift. I should have done this sooner.

#36 ·
Just got the Yoyo 30mm installed on my ST3s and it definitely made a big difference. Getting a Yoyo installed on my wife MTS 620 as well. After riding her MTS this morning to the shop, I am surprised she never complained about it.

#37 ·
One finger clutch pull

With RCS radial Master,yoyodyne slave, EVR clutch, and 4 springs I have a very light, smooth, non grabby clutch with no problem of finding neutral. I had to shim the rod to find the optimum position to compensate for the reduced stroke. Also, polishing the ends of the springs and using dry lube in the bores helps.

#38 ·
Latest and greatest From Aella Casuno Japan
New Type of cluch slave, a lot of thought and development went in to this
The Pistons are coated with a special coating process called Kashima Coat. (see pdf). You'll be hearing more about this in the future. Similar to Titanium Nitride hardcoat but is slicker then Snot. I may have my fork tubes coated in this!!
Ball bearing on the inside to aid the rod when spinning
Pretty cool,
and with these slaves the Fluid does not get dark, at least it has'nt for me!!

The Tapered style is a nice change too

Special DMS group pricing available

JC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.