Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to remove/loosen the clutch slave to fit a crankcase saver, any pitfalls to be aware of?

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
Don't squeeze the clutch lever when it's off. Also, don’t over tighten the screws when you put it back on. Case screws of that size are all 10nm.

·
7,733 Posts
Make sure you align the case saver eyelets with the countershaft sprocket cover when refitting the cover, as the screws can be refitted through the cover and into the case without going through the case saver eyelets and the saver will ride on the chain. :)

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Make sure you are square on and have a good location on the allen bolts. Use a allen socket. One missed location and the bolts shall round off

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clutch Slave loosen/Removal

Thanks guys, did'nt know whether anything could fall apart inside!!

See we're not too far apart John, only seen one other ST4 recently, at Wheels in Peterborough.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Thanks guys, did'nt know whether anything could fall apart inside!!

See we're not too far apart John, only seen one other ST4 recently, at Wheels in Peterborough.
I doubt we are more than 20 miles apart as the crow flies. We shall have to meet up some time.. if you need a hand on anything ping me, I have taken most bits off the ST a few times. Oh and BTW rounded off bolts on my clutch slave..............twice !

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clutch Slave Removal

Meet up at sometime sounds good, John, I'll certainly take up the offer of help should I need it!

·
Registered
'02 ST4S
1,630 Posts
You should be able to put case saver in place without having to remove the clutch slave. I have a desmotimes saver on an ST2 and take it off regularly for chain cleaning/lubing.(might be different for ST4) If you take the bottom edge/eyelet of the case saver and pass over the c-shaft sprocket @ about 12 o'clock you should be able to snake it around the back side of sprocket and then in to place. It might take a few tries to get it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clutch slave removal

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts