Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently replaced the bleeder valve assembly on the clutch slave of my 2000 748 (sheared the old one bleeding it). After bleeding it again after installing the new valve, the clutch lever went limp and fails to engage the pushrod (no matter how much I try to bleed it). I've noticed a very small amount of fluid on the outside of the clutch slave, on the side facing out, and high enough where it would have to be coming from the new bleeder valve. I used the two copper washers that came with it, everything seems to be tight so I can't figure out why it's leaking.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure the leak isn't coming from where the slave mounts to the gearbox, it's coming from that new valve. Should I just take it apart and torque it back down, maybe add another washer in there? Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Are you saying there is fluid leaking at the new banjo bolt/bleeder? Where did you get the new bolt? Is your clutch line an OEM part, or is it an aftermarket part?

I came across this issue when I installed an aftermarket duel line system on my front brakes. Not all banjo fittings are the same thickness and there are washers in thicknesses to acomodate.

Here's my link in HOW.
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/80-hall-wisdom/515057-those-darn-banjo-bolts.html

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you saying there is fluid leaking at the new banjo bolt/bleeder? Where did you get the new bolt? Is your clutch line an OEM part, or is it an aftermarket part?

I came across this issue when I installed an aftermarket duel line system on my front brakes. Not all banjo fittings are the same thickness and there are washers in thicknesses to acomodate.

Here's my link in HOW.
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/80-hall-wisdom/515057-those-darn-banjo-bolts.html
That's where it's leaking, all clutch components are OEM.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Well, you could double up on the washers to see. Unless you've had the bike since new and are certain a prior owner didn't add aftermarket lines, you might also measure the banjo fitting to see if it is the OEM 10MM spec. One other possibility may be a crack in the slave's fitting from over tightening, that's a bit of a reach though. The new bolt came with washers? Maybe measure bolt length and washer thickness to see that it matches the OEM part. I found out that it takes very little to cause a problem here and there is very little wiggle room in regards to how far you can thread in the bolt. Proper bolt length and washer thickness is the only way to go.

Otherwise, grab another slave. They are all over eBay for around $50.00 used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts