Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

clutch slave - help!

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  DukeDesmo 
#1 ·
Alright, first off, call me a wimp if you want to. That friggin clutch lever is driving me nuts :mad: ! It is fine for the first half hour or so, after that I start getting a little rough on the shifts.

So, the word is that a new clutch slave will make things a little better for my fragile hands. Now which is the way to go?

STM 30mm? evoluzione? yoyodine?

help! I have no idea which way to go. I don't mind the $50 price difference - I would prefer to only do this only once. I have lots of experience bleeding brakes and have a pump to assist so I'm not worried about the "ease" of installation.

thanks for the help!

#3 ·
WIMP!! :D

j/k. Yah it kills me too; let us know which one you get and how much you paid/where ya got it. I've been using that little hand exerciser thingy...you guys know the one...ok not that one. Yep, laugh at me too.

:abduct:

#6 ·
i'd go with the evozone. its has a ball bearing backup in case the bearing in the pressure plate fails. no other aftermarket cylinder has this.
try a radial master... that should improve your lever feel as well.

#7 ·
Motowheels slave cylinder worked for me. It's essentially the same as the evoluzion, I think. Bleeding wasn't a problem, the instructions are straightforward.

#10 ·
STM Slave

I bought this last year from ducman.com before I learned that he had a bad rep. I had no problems, though. I see that his web site has been closed by his host for non-payment.

Why STM? I just like the way their stuff looks. Maybe it's the caveman logo or maybe it's just that I don't see much STM stuff installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.