Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now I have fueling / mapping etc sorted I see there is a plethora of after market clutch slave units claiming to give over 30% easier clutch pull using a larger piston.
Has anyone done this mod?
Which did you get?
Was it worth it?
Cheers

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Oberon on one bike, Evoluzione rebuild kit with double o ring piston on the other. I really didn’t notice a whole lot of difference, but it is a little lighter pull.

Reactions: scott

·
Super Moderator
5,382 Posts
Remember, you can't get something for nothing. The reduced clutch lever pull will come at the cost of a reduced travel of the clutch rod. As your clutch wears, the shorter throw may result in dragging clutch and difficulty finding neutral. Some folks have had luck removing a couple springs from the pressure plate. Easy enough to try (unless you have a wet clutch...you don't have your bike details in your signature line...in '05 or '06 they went from dry to wet).

·
Registered
419 Posts
After a lot of research what I did was to replace the original springs with ones of the same length same number of coils but smaller diameter.
That was the only combination that I found, to retain the rod travel and minimise the pull strength required.

Spring Force Constant Calculator is the site that I got the info to calculate the spring diameter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting, mine is an 04 with wet clutch. I was sold in getting after market slave but now I hear I wIll lose travel concerns me.......hmmmm what to do ?

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,263 Posts
A 2004 with a wet clutch? They didn't have the wet clutch until model year 2005. I suspect you have a m.y. 2005 that was built in 2004, hence the confusion.

And please put your bike in your signature line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts