Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive had a clutch leak at the banjo at my slave cylinder. i replaced it with a new unit from the local dealer and tied the clutch lever down overnight to test it; still leaking. It is puddling up above the banjo where the bleeder is. last banjo was doing the same thing. Is overnight too long to have the pressure in the system? or should it be dry regardless if it is new pieces? anyone have this problem before and get a banjo from somewhere that actually sealed? and it is coming from the bleeder, not the crush washers.

·
Chilehead
6,984 Posts
What do you need by banjo, the bolt or the banjo itself (which is the end of the clutch line)?

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Put a little orange gasket maker on the threads? I've seen that done before...or the threads are crossed? What kind of slave?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a proitalia slave. the banjo bolt has a bleeder, for bleeding the clutch line. its coming out of the threads. its all brand new stuff so nothing is crossed. i may have to try some sealer. any idea what would be best for brake fluid?

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,882 Posts
When you say the banjo is leaking, that means the fitting at the end of the line, which looks like....a banjo. Possible, but I doubt that's the problem here. What you really suspect to be the problem is the bolt (with bleed screw). Get new crush washers and then use some teflon tape on both the bolt and bleed nipple threads.

·
Chilehead
6,984 Posts
When you say the banjo is leaking, that means the fitting at the end of the line, which looks like....a banjo. Possible, but I doubt that's the problem here. What you really suspect to be the problem is the bolt (with bleed screw). Get new crush washers and then use some teflon tape on both the bolt and bleed nipple threads.
Which is why I asked for clarification.

From his reply, it seems that the bolt has a bleeder, and it is the bleeder that is leaking, not the banjo.

Tom

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like the bleeder is the problem.

Replace it.

Tom
that has already been done. the brand new one is leaking the same as the old. im asking if anyone has any experience with a particular brand of banjo bleeder bolts or any tips for sealing the bleeder threads. it does NOT leak from the bolt/slave interface where the crush washers are used.

·
Chilehead
6,984 Posts
its a proitalia slave. the banjo bolt has a bleeder, for bleeding the clutch line. its coming out of the threads. its all brand new stuff so nothing is crossed. i may have to try some sealer. any idea what would be best for brake fluid?
The threads between banjo and bolt, or between bolt and bleeder?

Tom

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, do you suggest a particular source or brand? as this is BRAND NEW. i dont want to get another BRAND NEW bleeder that leaks.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,882 Posts
Try a little teflon tape first. It's cheap and easy and ought to do the trick unless something is way out of whack. Plus, you won't be going through a bunch of crush washers. You can go buy/exchange just the bleeder, but then what if it's the female threads inside the bolt that are a little off? Then it's another trip to swap the whole unit. As I said, the threads are probably just a little off (it's not like this stuff is military spec) and I would really be surprised if the tape didn't solve it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts