Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all,

I can't be the only one with this problem... My LHS grip (heated) rotates very slowly as I ride. I'm talking maybe a fraction of a mm every hundred KM. I wouldn't worry me, but I don't like the thought of what might be happening down below to the heated element/wiring :eek: I wondered how many of you guys had seen the same thing with your Multis? Anyone found a solution? I noticed the grip does have channels for a tie wire, considered perhaps sticking one on to hold it in place, once again might not be great for the element though...

Appreciate any info!

Cheers,

Tk

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Tried hair spray?
Stick the tip of a air gun between the grip and tube and pull the trigger, it will come right off, after that either spray some hair spray or a glue of your choice and put it back on.
Let it dry

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Second the hairspray. I swapped the clipons on my Guzzi for some longer, adjustable Tarozzi clipons but they have a chrome type surface and were so slippy that, due to angle, the grip would actually come off whilst riding. :eek:

I used hairspray on it and it's been there for over a year without movement. There is a dedicated grip adhesive available but hairspray works fine; whilst wet the grip slides on easily and then sets when it dries, plus I didn't need to buy it as my Wife's got tons of it - I don't need hairspray personally :rolleyes:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have foam comfort grips over the oem grips, no slippage

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hair spray could be a good idea. I don't actually have an air compressor so getting the grip off in the first place will be a struggle... The heated grip element would probably prefer hairspray on it to having a tie wire cinched down over it though!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hairspray for sure. Just remember when it's time to change the grip it will be "gnarly" to remove, and if you try to cut it off with a razor knife its way too easy to damage the heated grip wiring underneath. I pull the edge of a glued grip up with small needlenose pliers, then make a small cut in the end when it's away from the bar and wiring. It then can be pulled apart and off without damaging the wiring. I've been looking for some of those surgical scissors that have the blunt underside in case a grip was especially difficult, but so far it's always worked for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts