Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has replaced their clutch, and how many miles did you get on your original (assuming that some have done it more than once)?

I just came back from a ride yesterday and took everything apart to check the plates (didn't feel like I had much left) and found that @4500 miles it was smoked. I don't feather the clutch, ride in a lot of traffic, have "bad winding out" launches...it seems a little premature to me.

input?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
My clutch went out at 9K miles. I ride in a lot of traffic too, but aside from that I wouldn't say I'm hard on the bike. The only thing I upgraded was the slave cylinder, the rest is OEM.

I think these things happen, unfortunately. Thank god for the warranty!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My clutch went out at 9K miles. I ride in a lot of traffic too, but aside from that I wouldn't say I'm hard on the bike. The only thing I upgraded was the slave cylinder, the rest is OEM.

I think these things happen, unfortunately. Thank god for the warranty!
warranty....your a funny guy.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Bassphreek, you don't tell us what model you ride or if you have a wet or dry clutch. The life and performance is very different between the two.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've got 12,000 miles on my '06 mono which sees quite a bit of stop and go traffic. I'm thinking it's about due. My track bike went 5500 miles before I replaced it with a slipper. It still has life left in it too.
Something doesn't sound right to me if you're not abusing your clutch.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got 12,000 miles on my '06 mono which sees quite a bit of stop and go traffic. I'm thinking it's about due. My track bike went 5500 miles before I replaced it with a slipper. It still has life left in it too.
Something doesn't sound right to me if you're not abusing your clutch.
What would moisture do? I ride just about year round (if the weather agrees) and there may have been moisture since its an open clutch. I wouldn't say that I have a damp garage, but quick move outside and a quick temp change could bring moisture.

Does this make any sense?

Any other thoughts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts