Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

clutch pushrod oil leak

1726 3
I have an 01 748 that has developed what appears to be a leak coming out of the clutch pushrod on the left side of the crankcase. I changed the two black o-rings along with the red one that goes between the clutch slave but it still leaks. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks!
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Inspect the engine case cover very carefully around where the front sprocket is. If you see any grooves or markings around that area it's probably a result of a loose chain hitting or rubbing against the case cover. I had the same problem and thought it was the o-rings which didn't resolve the issue. I eventually cleaned up the entire area and discovered that the oil was coming from further up and making its way down into the slave and making it seem like the oil was coming from the pushrod bore. I removed the case cover, cleaned up both surfaces, and resealed with gasket sealer and all is well.

·
Super Moderator
8,322 Posts
My guess is that that is actually brakefluid from your clutch slavecylinder.

Check the levels in your master clutch reservoir.
Taste the fluid to check. I seem to recall that brakefluid "burns" on your tongue..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.