Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Clutch problem...

876 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  talon101 
#1 ·
Wondering if someone could provide some insight into my problem... It all started a few weeks ago when I went for a ride. Everything was going fine until the engine was around 150-160ish (degrees) and the bike wouldn't "move"... I would open the throttle to full and it would move an inch slowly.. the bike wouldn't move.. even when it hit the powerband it wouldn't "catch" and go faster. Needless to say, I had a problem.
So, I got it home, parked it, and came back to it after a few days (I was mad and needed to cool off :mad:) I took out the friction plates out and inspected them. They didn't look bad per say, but they did look worn. Thinking that this might be the problem, I got a brand new set, and replaced the old one.
Making sure to put them in the right order of course.
After I put the plates in, I put the pressure plate on and started to screw back in the springs when I noticed that it was fully compressed when I finished screwing in the screws.
I checked the clutch, and it had very little play, I started it and the plate would spin, but when I righted up the bike, the plate would stop spinning (and continue again when I put it back on the kickstand).

Long story short, does this sound like a simple fix in that I need to bleed the clutch line (maybe they slave cylinder piston got pushed forward...) or is this indicative of a more serious problem? Your thoughts?

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
nm, fixed it :)

#4 ·
nope, the pushrod and clutch plate was all installed. I just needed to bleed the line. Apparently, when I replaced the friction plates, the piston on the slave cylinder moved forward a bit.. dont know how that happened since the lever wasn't pushed at all, but bleeding the line i guess "reset" the piston to the normal position.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.