Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok
In last year every clutch part on my 1098 is going bad. I change basket, plates, install oberon slave cylinder, rebuild master cylinder (new o-rings and polished master cylinder).:crying:
Symptoms: after bleeding, clutch is ok, hard for pressure from start to grip (bar). Shift to 1, here is about 1 cm free play from grip and bike start to roll. Good. Easy go into neutral, nice dry clutch sound...
BUT, after only one city (1) ride clutch wont fully disengage even fully depressed, worse with time...No oil leak...Lever is softer and softer and act from middle...In the end clutch is engaged all the time and you cant stop, shift to neutral etc...
I stood in front of the garage and started pumping that damn clutch lever.:mad: Pump, pump, pump, aaaaaa damn clutch...After around 30-40x fast pumping clutch is again ok:confused::confused::confused:>:) Like is self bleed.:confused:

What this can be?

I think that problem is not in slave cylinder or lines because bleeding master always make good result, even for short period of time. If slave is bad, bleeding master wont have effect. But how to find where system leak air in system? I little suspicious master bleed screw which maybe after many bleed attempts no more adhere to master.:confused:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here's my best guess.

A leak in one of your banjo bolt connections. If you replaced them and got aluminum banjos (they always cause issues) try tightening them both just a little more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
954 Posts
The replenishing port in the master cylinder is being flow restricted by debris. This prevents the reservoir from completely resupplying enough fluid to the piston cylinder each time when you release the clutch lever, starving the system of fluid.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem resolved!!!
Clutch pushrod spin and over time kill o-rings in slave. Replacing two small o rings on pushrod, one in slave and clean slave with brake cleaner resolved problem. Pushrod now wont spin because new o rings make force on it. This is old style pushrod without antitrotational pin at slave side. Bleed several times and now oil is clean, no more residue...

Make sometimes look at pushrod if spin in pressure plate bearing. If spin, replace o rings.

Thanks for help...

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts