Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A package that was supposed to arrive on Friday came today. It contains some sliders and a bunch of clutch parts: beefy clutch cover, new pressure plate, new clutch springs, etc. The problem is, I've got a track day on Wed and only 2 hours tonight to prep the bike.

I've never opened up the clutch on a Ducati, but it seems like a fairly easy job. How long will installing the clutch parts take, provided that nothing goes wrong? 30 min? Anything in particular I should be careful about? Is there a writeup somewhere that one of you can point me to?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
193 Posts
I changed my clutch on my 748 two weeks ago. Installed new:
Pressure plate
clutch pack
Clutch Basket
springs/keepers

provided that you can get bolts holding basket(can't remenber what size it was) and dreaded 32mm hub nut without an issue(i used air tool), and run in to any issues, should take no more then hour ~ hour and half at most.

But by the look of your post, your just replacing clutch pack, not the basket.
So shouldn't be no more then 30min.

Be sure to put clutch pack in correct order

·
Registered
857 Posts
yes 30mins, if you do it right. It took me 2-3 days when I did it the first time. Of course that was the first time I worked on a motorcycle besides changing oil :D (My n00bness)

Things to be careful about:
1. The screws on springs can be broken easily if you over tighten them.
2. When re-installing the push-rod, remove the slave cylinder (leave it dangling), put the pushrod in, tighten the springs, then re-install the slave cylinder.
3. Follow the plate pattern instructions that came with the clutch-pack (could be different from service manual)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts